+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

rocky is right

No push mail is a deal breaker. Basejet is the best out there right now. It pushes the mail almost instantly. Build 52 released on 12/31/03 has some issues which they have fixed and will be released shortly. For the most part, however, the instantaneous push makes it the best out there even with the its current issues. If you go to their website and check out their support database you can see the discussions on current issues being fixed.

i agree

Originally posted by finster869
    No push mail is a deal breaker. Basejet is the best out there right now. It pushes the mail almost instantly. Build 52 released on 12/31/03 has some issues which they have fixed and will be released shortly. For the most part, however, the instantaneous push makes it the best out there even with the its current issues. If you go to their website and check out their support database you can see the discussions on current issues being fixed.
    Yes, Basejet push is terrific. I don't use Basejet only because it knocks out notification of voice mail. Once they get that fixed, I'll jump right on Basejet. But for now, I can't live without knowing whether I have voicemail.

voice mail notification

I emailed with their support quite a few times. They are aware of the voicemail notification and text messaging conflicts caused by basejet. I don't know if they fixed those yet, but they definitely fixed the imap sync problem they were experiencing. I am hopeful that their upcoming release (which they told me was coming really soon) will fix the voicemail issue.

Anything new since January?

Last post was waiting for new version of Basejet. I will need IMAP, SSL to get to my Exchange server. Anybody figured anything out recently?

Re: Anything new since January?

Originally posted by davidra
    Last post was waiting for new version of Basejet. I will need IMAP, SSL to get to my Exchange server. Anybody figured anything out recently?
    Sprint Business Connect has best push. Basejet has best attachment support but miserable push. Visto Message Express is in between. But all 3 technically should work.

disagree

Hey Rocky. I have been using Sprint PCS business connect because basejet still has not resolved the problem with the voicemail notification not appearing. Nevertheless, I have to disagree with your statement that basejet push mail stinks. To be honest, I have found it to be outstanding, and far more reliable then Sprint's. I don't know your setup, but I was using the basejet in standalone mail with pop which meant I did not have to have a desktop running. With business connection, you need the desktop to be on, which is less convenient. In every test I ran, basejet pushed faster than business connection. However, as you put it in another email, no voice mail notification became a deal breaker for me. Were you using basejet in desktop mode rather than standalone? If so, maybe that is why I had such better results.

Re: disagree

Originally posted by finster869
    Hey Rocky. I have been using Sprint PCS business connect because basejet still has not resolved the problem with the voicemail notification not appearing. Nevertheless, I have to disagree with your statement that basejet push mail stinks. To be honest, I have found it to be outstanding, and far more reliable then Sprint's. I don't know your setup, but I was using the basejet in standalone mail with pop which meant I did not have to have a desktop running. With business connection, you need the desktop to be on, which is less convenient. In every test I ran, basejet pushed faster than business connection. However, as you put it in another email, no voice mail notification became a deal breaker for me. Were you using basejet in desktop mode rather than standalone? If so, maybe that is why I had such better results.
    Maybe that is the difference. I'm using the Exchange Server config, so maybe that is the difference. I need full synchronization, so I'm unwilling to consider POP3. But, I am trying the IMAP now, but, not getting it to work well. So maybe POP3 is fine with Basejet.

Best email program for sph-i500?

I have enjoyed my i500 for the last year but really feel like I'm missing out as most people I know have moved on to the newest slim Blackberry phones.

I successfully sync my ACT! schedule and 1600 contacts a few times each day.

I'd like to be able to check my Outlook email from the i500. Is there a best interface program to use that will allow me to do this?

FYI - I saw a I500 close out on a sprint site today for $70 after rebates!

Thanks for help!
    Technically Challenged

Eudora Mail Works great for me. I'd give it a shot.

I also like the browser for a zippy, imageless browsing experience.

http://www.eudora.com/products/unsup.../internetsuite
    Hon hon~ J'utilise l'internet~

Eudora works great for me also
    stevedrummer
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

Is it imageless by choice or design? The later would certainly explain them boasting their browser is 2-3 faster than any other.

Originally posted by mpeters13
    Eudora Mail Works great for me. I'd give it a shot.

I also like the browser for a zippy, imageless browsing experience.

http://www.eudora.com/products/unsup.../internetsuite
    Last edited by kneadingu; 10-13-2005 at 11:35 PM.

business connect

I cannot for the life of me sign onto business connect, it says windows user name and password well i do that and then i do the username and password on the account and all i get is an email from sprint saying change your password i am at my wits end with the business connection does anyone have any insight on this.. any help would be oh so much appreciated
    beckmo

Have you already logged into your sprint account and signed up for your sprint pcs mail account? If not, you need to do so. It uses a different password from your main sprint login password, unless you make them the same. If you forget, sprint will reset the password for you. (Tier II support).

EDIT: HAHA ... you said business connect. Sorry.

Two things to do.

username: whateveryoursprintusernameis @sprintpcs.com

password: sprintpcs password.

number to dial, #777. More details on what's not working help too. Hope to get you up and running.
    Hon hon~ J'utilise l'internet~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6