+ Reply to Thread

"PRIVATE" Records - Alarm, View

I've tried but, I can't seem to get an appointment that has an alarm reminder to show on the i500 screen. All appointments simply show as "Private Appointment", without the detail of what it is.

When the alarm reminder is engaged, I'd like the screen to show the actual calendar appointment, such as: "Meet Bill, review budget" or whatever the appoinment detail may be.

Now, every calendat alarm just shows "Private Appointment".

I looked in phonePrefs and Security and even Desktop - I can't locate any settings.

Thnaks,
    Bob

Check Datebook > Options > Security. You should have Current Privacy set to "Show Records".

Datebook-Options-Security settings shows: "SHOW RECORDS"

That's why all of this is so confusing. There must be some hidden setting somewhere that is preventing the details of an alarmed appointment from being shown on the i500 display.

Thanks for trying - any other ideas please?

I presume you've tried just Security/Current Privacy -> Show Records, which I think is really the same thing...

I would try using the FileZ app, hunting down the right DB file (DatabookDB I think), then seeing if its Hidden attribute is set...

If you don't have FileZ, you'll have to d/l it from places like www.palmgear.com .