+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Corporate Cog

Similar 700p symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    This morning woke up to my SMS messages labeled as from 6245 (MAIL), not Unknown...
    Switched to a Sprint Treo 700p from Sprint i500 about 8 months ago. A few weeks ago, every email sent to myphonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com comes in as a text message with "Call back: 6245". Not sure if the issues are related, but thought I'd put it out there. Hope the text messaging is working again for you guys, because that was killing me with the i500.

From which phones companies does that happen? Sprint? AT&T? TMo?

My son's 755p gets the sender ID.

BB
    That'sssssssss all folks!

Corporate Cog
    Since it can be an email coming from Yahoo, Gmail, or AOL, it's not just phone companies. I usually don't get emails from phone service provider's email accounts, but I'll keep my eyes open for them..

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    A few weeks ago, every email sent to myphonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com comes in as a text message with "Call back: 6245". Not sure if the issues are related, but thought I'd put it out there.
    Yes, me too, as I reported in the original post of this thread. Yes, they are related in that it must be part of the new software that also is now giving us i500 users the correct Sender ID for incoming SMS (MO-SMS). The 6245 (which spells out MAIL) is what I get for incoming emails, which is reasonable given that the device is probably not capable of handling the actual sender email address in the callback field.

I 'm not sure if this is relevant, but my friend with Verizon stated that if he sends an original text message to a phone number it goes via SMS, but if he replies to a text message, for example when I send him one from my i500, it uses email (xxxxx@vtext.com). Almost all of my recent text messages from Verizon phones show up as 6245, which maybe makes sense if they were all emails rather than text messages.

Quote Originally Posted by kharmair View Post
    Almost all of my recent text messages from Verizon phones show up as 6245, which maybe makes sense if they were all emails rather than text messages.
    It might be dependent on which Verizon phone your friend is using, but are you saying that every SMS that he sends you gets labeled as 6245 ? Then how do you know they are from him ?

When I get SMSs from Verizon friends now, they come in with their correct Sender ID/callback number, not 6245. Same with Cingular and Tmo and Sprint. In other words, it works as it should, mostly .

When I get a Sprint SMS from a Sanyo 8200 it comes with sender ID; yet when I get a Sprint SMS from a Treo 755p it shows "unknown."

Any theories?

BB

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    Starting a couple days ago, I can no longer text myself PERIOD (unless I use email or Auto!(teleflip)). The msg simply never gets delivered...
    Just to report that within the past couple of days or so, this problem is gone, i.e. TM and website textmsgs to my i500 now work. So as they say "Its all good..."

sometimes I'm the only one that will care or listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ginko39 View Post
    am i missing something?
    isn't texting yourself a tad on the useless side, whether from your phone or from the website?
    I'd almost be tempted to activate my phone for the heck of it and see what happens. I've had my treo 700 for over a year so I'm not under contract. I'm very tempted to get the new BB. Could always play with my i500 again for a little bit. I'll go charge it back up as a just in case.
    Save at least 15% on ProClip Products. PM me for info how to order. My website is down now that I dumped comcast for verizon.

always welcome back old crogs!

Greetings from Quito and the Galapagos.

BB

Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I'd almost be tempted to activate my phone for the heck of it and see what happens. I've had my treo 700 for over a year so I'm not under contract. I'm very tempted to get the new BB. Could always play with my i500 again for a little bit. I'll go charge it back up as a just in case.
    Rumor has it that Sprint is working (furious?) on implementing an ESN/phone swapping capability for its website, apparently copied from the Helio feature. Apparently the way it would work is that you would/could have several (3?) different phones "pre-activated". Then you could go to the website and choose whichever phone you want to use. So you could have both your treo 700 and i500 registered and just pick whichever one you want to use.

Let's hope this really happens, and soon... It addresses a longstanding deficit in the Sprint's offering as all GSM carriers (via SIMs swapping) and Verizon have the ability to allow their customers easy phone swapping.

Sounds very neat, but why would you want Les Brick?

BB

well I actually just activated my i500 again. all because my 700p turned into Les Brick. It literally up and died. No power, no nothin'. Palm just continues to piss me off (the company, not the OS). So I'm provisioning now.

I like that hot swap idea. Now if I could actually maintain the Palm DB for the i500 and the 700p I'd be in business. I can't even beam my info over because my 700p is dead. I've got nothing unless I want to carry my laptop around. So not happy.
    Save at least 15% on ProClip Products. PM me for info how to order. My website is down now that I dumped comcast for verizon.

well I actually just activated my i500 again. all because my 700p turned into Les Brick. It literally up and died. No power, no nothin'. Palm just continues to piss me off (the company, not the OS). So I'm provisioning now.

I like that hot swap idea. Now if I could actually maintain the Palm DB for the i500 and the 700p I'd be in business. I can't even beam my info over because my 700p is dead. I've got nothing unless I want to carry my laptop around. So not happy.
    Buck up old guy; my son actually likes the 755p; maybe you should go there.

BB

PS Still stuck in Quito with a broken plane; Oh well, worse places to be stuck. BB

well...with my i500 activated, I had my mom (a cingular customer) send me a text. Got the dreaded unkown....grrr.

Maybe I'll get lucky with a broken plane down under in a few weeks. Did you stand on the equator?

well...with my i500 activated, I had my mom (a cingular customer) send me a text. Got the dreaded unkown....grrr.
    You're right! i500 Sender ID is broken again... boo hoo... I wonder if it is even worth calling Sprint about it... Did anyone notice more precisely when it became broken again ? Early August ? Late July ? Early July ? (quite possibly when I noticed I could send to myself again... 7/28... I didn't do a "regression test" at that time...)

Maybe I'll get lucky with a broken plane down under in a few weeks. Did you stand on the equator?
    Yup both sides at the same time. Also felt a bump when the boat went over it!

Now in Miami awaiting final leg of a great trip to the Galapagus Islands.

BB

Very nice. I'm off on the leg of my trip that hopefully solves my phone issues.

And it's amazing how the msg functionality can just keep going in and out. What the heck do they keep doing?