+ Reply to Thread

Battery keeps popping out

Need your suggestions on how the keep the battery from coming out. The small tab that retracts when you push the button to remove the battery is cracked. It's still there, but flip-flops and doesn't hold the battery in anymore. I can slide any of the three slim batteries I have into place, but they often slip out when I remove the phone from the cradle, or sometimes when I even take it out of my pocket.

I don't think velcro would fit in that tight space, and I'm not sure Crazy Glue would work to fix the tab permanently. Anyone have a similar problem and found a solution? How did you fix it?

Happily Converged
    Low tech solution: transparent tape

Quote Originally Posted by booklaw View Post
    Low tech solution: transparent tape
    Thanks. Yeah, I've considered that, but (1) It makes the phone look cheap (2) I would have to remove the tape every time I swap batteries. I might have to do this unless some brilliant mind (at least one more brilliant than mine) comes up with solution.

If the grey button that holds the phone in is cracked, you are probably going to have to go with tape or glue (or find a used one on Ebay you can use for parts). Does the button still have the spring? If not, that could be your problem as well.

I've got the same problem with the unit I got from Lockline/Assuion back in July, which is the same problem I had with the older one.

For what it's worth - be careful with the SuperGlue - with my old one, the glue that I tried ended up eating into the plastic of the clip, and it broke off altogether. Duct tape didn't look great, but at least it worked.

I was thinking of trying the glue that is sold for plastic model-building, like Warhammer, but I need a very thin brush, to get into the crack w/o breaking it on this one. Argh -

Maybe it's time to look at the new Palm Centro? What I wouldn't give for an updated i500!

I put several layers of tape on the inside of the battery compartment (or you could do it on the inside of the battery itself) to make it a snug fit, then just slide it on (with some resistance). It seems to be staying on just fine and the tape is underneath the battery, so it doesn't show once the battery slides on.
    Last edited by Bandersnatch; 09-29-2007 at 12:28 PM.

Great idea .. one of my few frustrations with the phone was the battery clip ... I epoxied, carefully, the cracked clip the first time but it didnt last

E