+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Knock, knock....Anybody Still Here?

Looks like most of the visible members are leaving.

Anybody left?

Gonna stay for awhile?

Just post with a "HERE".

Leaving soon.

Staying as long as I can.

???

Good old I-500

I'll Be Here for a While. The I500 Still works good. Does all that I want.
    Teathers, Logs on to web, Hotsyncs, Keeps me organized.
    I have a radio, I have a camera and I don't really need to text, If necessary
    I'll just log on to gmail and send to another device.

Got it, use it, until I if and when get a Touch.

i use mine as an alarm clock. Kinda sad for such a great phone.
    I300 -> I330 -> I500 -> PPC 6700 -> Mogul (ppc 6800) ->???

Still think it is the best all around - don't want WM - so Palm Centro may be next if - may be Treo - but hanging on to i500 with spares just in case
    stevedrummer
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

Still here, for now. Probably move on eventually (most likely Centro). Phone is starting to fall apart a little but the change will most likely be due to my wife needing a new phone... Sprint retention may be nice if I want to upgrade 2 lines?

I just had to chuckle because that's what I use a Treo 650 for (I won it a couple of years ago). The i500 is still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by tneck22 View Post
    i use mine as an alarm clock. Kinda sad for such a great phone.

My i500 is still going strong. I'm getting the coveted thin batteries from co-workers that are going to Treos.

I just bought a used Jabra BT200 bluetooth headset for it too, so I'm keeping it until another clamshell smartphone comes along (might be a long wait).

I bought spare phones and batteries to keep me going for a while I hope - use jabra with adapter - only thing slow is internet - but with wireless everywhere - don't need phone for it - just occasional email when I don't want to boot up computer
    stevedrummer
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

Yeah, still here ...

I stumbled onto this forum looking for an SMS solution for my i500. I've been receiving a few texts from friends lately with no easy way to respond.

I'll probably stay with my i500 until the thing dies. Like many others here, I want a Palm-based clamshell phone with a graffiti pad with SMS.

Right now, I would go to a Centro if I had to. iPhone would be nice too for the browser ...

We're the last of the Mohicans here ... weird, huh? Sort of like Will Smith in "I am Legend" too.

Happily Converged
    ...except no one is trying to eat us!

switched to the centro so "chomp". centro is pretty good excluding the form factor and don't really miss grafiti as much as i thought. really, the 5-way navigation button makes it even easier than our i500's for one-handed use without having to pull out the stylus (good thing since the stylus stinks). the only issue right now is diddlebug seems to be generating resets. Check the Centro forum for further updates. Of course I will still check in here once in a while in case anyone has a question i actually know the answer to (which happens about as often as Palm turns out an innovative phone).

Not using mine anymore, I bailed about a year ago, but I keep mine (I have two) as backups to my Treo Brick 700p, so I can have a Palm phone if I need to leave mine for repair or whatever the case may be. I miss it, but I don't think there's much hope for a Palm flip with all the relatively new technologies.

Once my contract is up with Sprint in another year, I'll probably complete my journey to All Things Mac by getting an iPhone. I'm not necessarily entranced by all the bells and whistles, although they don't suck. It's just that the idea of syncing OS X to OS X seems as if it will be less fraught with danger than syncing Palm or any other OS with the Mac. Just as if I were to cross over to The Dark Side (Windows), I would likely want a WM phone. OK. "Want" is a strong word. Settle for.

Hasta,

Jeff
    Last edited by Jeffois; 07-21-2008 at 07:08 PM.
    It's a pond. My god. It's JUST a pond!!!
    WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE??!??!!???
    -Thoreau, in a sudden moment of realization

Finally have an i500 theharpers's Avatar

Here...new, but here.

As usual - just when I get here, the party's ending!

Seriously, I wanted one of these back in the day when they first came out, but the price was just too steep. I had an original Sprint brick, then one of the Samsung original flip phones, and now just got an i500 off eBay. I like it a lot!

Cheers!

Happily Converged
    It hasn't ended yet. Some of us (myself included) are still rocking on...

I'm Back!!

Couldn't put up with all the Missed Calls on the Touch. Also, I'm really missing the hard buttons, simplicity of the Palm OS, clamshell design.

I need a phone 1st, PDA second. The Cube was useless...I know, I can modify it.

Now I'm really bumming that the i550 was never released...would have been a perfect phone for my needs, and surely would've kept it as long as I've had my trusty i500 (~3 years).

Did you try reducing the Slot Cycle Index on the Touch ?

I agree the Cube is totally silly -- it is disabled on my Touch, as is the HTC Home/Today with the huge and also silly time display.

MB...I changed the slot cycle index, not any better. Not too pleased that the "call" button has been pressed while in my pocket after the phone "wakes up" after receiving a call.

I just like the form factor of a clamshell. Anything at CES?

The only phone that shows up on the Sprint site when I choose “flip” and “PDA” is the ungainly Motorola i930... anyone know it?

Still Here - see no reason to switch, even though my batteries are taped in place (a bit ugly, I admit) - but I still love it!