+ Reply to Thread

Rave-can you please explain the no battery backup feature?

i saw your post about how even if your battery dies that you wont lose your info--i assume this means that your apps are stored in rom or something-so how does this work--are you still able to hard reset the i550? more info please!!!

Everything is stored in Flash memory, by everything I mean storage heap which Palm usually uses to store DB and stuff. So, nothing you install or DBs that you install will be lost at power loss. Since these files need to be in RAM to actually be used, the system does this RAM <-> Flash loading/saving automatically.

Everything is transparent to the user and the applications, so things look pretty good here.

You can always do hard reset to wipe out the Flash, so no problem there.

Originally posted by rave
    Everything is stored in Flash memory, by everything I mean storage heap which Palm usually uses to store DB and stuff. So, nothing you install or DBs that you install will be lost at power loss. Since these files need to be in RAM to actually be used, the system does this RAM <-> Flash loading/saving automatically.

Everything is transparent to the user and the applications, so things look pretty good here.

You can always do hard reset to wipe out the Flash, so no problem there.
    wow this is very impressive--do you think we will see palmone copying this?