+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy RAVE - Will they fix the hotsync mess?

Just remembered my worst nightmare/experience with my old i500 - it never hotsynced reliably. If you got two hotsyncs without having to restart your computer, you were doing great. My Treo 600 hotsyncs EVERY time you push the button. No resets, no reboots, no multiple beeps and nothing happens, no resetting COM ports in Hotsync manager, no need to turn off the phone before syncing.

Please tell us that has been fixed.....
    Dale2 - The "P" in PDA is for Personal. There is no "best" PDA.
    Sprint CDMA Treo 650 since 11/05

Man this hurts - 161 viewings and not a single comment. Does that mean as I'm lame as I appear or am I the only poor soul left that had this problem?

Originally posted by dstrauss
    Man this hurts - 161 viewings and not a single comment. Does that mean as I'm lame as I appear or am I the only poor soul left that had this problem?
    It is a serious concern. But, I've never had a hotsynch problem - using the i500 since July. I use xp/outlook express/my yahoo. I have NOT installed the i500 drivers for windows (ie don't use the phone as a modem). I do NOT synch with the phone ON (no signal at home). Perhaps a windows driver or outlook issue...?

Maybe a genuine upgrade will be available by the time I can get an upgrade break. I'm not excited about larger form factors regardless of the added toys! Maybe someday the'll fit an sd slot/bt etc...

Originally posted by cafroman
    Maybe a genuine upgrade will be available by the time I can get an upgrade break. I'm not excited about larger form factors regardless of the added toys! Maybe someday the'll fit an sd slot/bt etc...
    I thought I was the only one that thought the i550 looks bigger than the i500. I was willing to leave the i550 form factor only because the Treo offered so much more for the price (in fact, I was able to sell the i500 on eBay and buy a Treo 600 for a little less; a first in my PDA/cell phone career).

I would love to go back to a flip phone design; even giving up the keyboard I've learned to love, if it were the same size as the i500, but had hi-res/SDIO/OS 5. But not if it's creeping towards the Kyocera format.