+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Voice Dials

boe

Voice Dials

I think Rave mentioned this a while back and now I forgot the details. My current phone only has 30 voice dial numbers. Frankly this is about 20 short of what I need. How many will the i550 have?

Thanks

P.S. Rave, if you are reading this, the last time you mentioned that the dial by number wasn't too impressive yet but that was much earlier in development. Has there been any improvement?
    Last edited by boe; 07-24-2004 at 12:04 PM.
    Want better phone selection from Sprint? http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...ease-read.html

Re: Voice Dials

Originally posted by boe
    I think Rave mentioned this a while back and now I forgot the details. My current phone only has 30 voice dial numbers. Frankly this is about 20 short of what I need. How many will the i550 have?

Thanks

P.S. Rave, if you are reading this, the last time you mentioned that the dial by number wasn't too impressive yet but that was much earlier in development. Has there been any improvement?
    the i550 will have the same voice technology as all of the newer 3g samsungs for sprint, which is that it has programless voice dial.
    basically if you have a name in your address book, it knows what that name sounds like, so all you have to do is say the name, so the answer to your question is that there will not be a limit to the voice dial feature(just by the way the i500 can hold like 98 voice dials)
    as far as dial by number, i have tried it on the various newer samsungs and have found it to work quite well.
    My Palm phone evolution:
    i330>i500>i550>755p>Centro.

boe

Good to know

I appreciate the info.
    Want better phone selection from Sprint? http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...ease-read.html

The voice dial used on the I550 is different than previous Samsung models that have voice dialing because it is a different company. The voice dialing was in a much earlier stage of developement when Rave mentioned the low quality. Tests now show the voice dial is near 100% accurate. The I550 also allows you to do other commands such as launch applications.

Originally posted by samster
    The voice dial used on the I550 is different than previous Samsung models that have voice dialing because it is a different company. The voice dialing was in a much earlier stage of developement when Rave mentioned the low quality. Tests now show the voice dial is near 100% accurate. The I550 also allows you to do other commands such as launch applications.
    That is excellent news, this voice independent voice dialing thing really is sweet, if it works as advertised. And no need to worry about losing all the voice dials after hard reset a la i500~