+ Reply to Thread

Photos of my i530 in action

Here is a photo of the i530 in its charging/syncinc cradle. The orange light denotes that the battery in the phone is being charged while the green light indicates that the second battery that is in the back of the cradle is fully charged
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos of my i530 in action-dsc00029.jpg  

Here it is with the flip open and the camera enabled. Notice my digital camera's flash adversely affected the quality of the image on the phone's screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos of my i530 in action-dsc00034.jpg  

This is the phone page. Its got a nifty screen saver in the background with moving objects in super high resolution. Gotta seen to be believed!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos of my i530 in action-dsc00023.jpg  

This is my main page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos of my i530 in action-dsc00037.jpg  

Samsung's proprietary Phone Menu - easily navigate through my Call lists (Dialed, Received, Missed, Calls Time, Call Cost and Speed Dial) , SMS's, MMS's, Voice Mail menu, Broadcast menu, Speed Dial menu and of course the Phone book is accessible from here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos of my i530 in action-dsc00040.jpg  

Memory card fits in the side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos of my i530 in action-dsc00042.jpg  

Samsung's proprietary browser. Didn't use it, so can't really comment on it. But it looks pretty nifty offline.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos of my i530 in action-dsc00041.jpg  

By the way, when the camera is enabled while the flip cover is closed, the outer OLED screen becomes the viewfinder and displays the image in very high resolution. Don't be fooled by that dot matrix clock and date graphic - that "little" display turns into the highest resolution display on this planet.

OLED technology is absolutely stunning! Incredible contrast ratio and visibility is 170 degrees. I couldn't take a good photo of it because my stupid digital camera's flash kept ruining the image on the OLED screen. When I figure out how to disable the flash I'll post the photos.

nice pics... kudos to you for sticking to your guns and getting the phone you wanted... looks nice.. I especially like the olympic logo!
    old devices: I300, I330, I500
    current: I730

thanks. Like i said, I was aiming to buy either the Treo 650 or this phone, whichever came first. Well neither came to me. The GSM 650 hasn't been released and Samsung refuses to release the i530.

But ebay saved the day, and I am grateful!

I hope you guys get a Samsung smartphone with Palm OS in the US soon so that you can experience BOTH high quality audio with the best OS on the planet!

PS - I still plan on purchasing the GSM 650 as soon as they release it and fix its memory issues.