+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Voice Command

Voice Command

I have had numerous requests for the Voice Command software discussed in a previous post. This software was sent to me to see if it might work on the i600 for Verizon, which it did not.

I have since deleted this software and no longer have a copy of it. It was the UK version and only works on Smartphones that can run unsigned code, which both the Verizon and the Sprint models must run signed programs.

Please do not request this software from me, as I don't have it, as it won't work with any know version of the i600 phone.

I am EAGERLY awaiting the arrival of the Voice Command software and check Microsoft's website daily for updates to when it will be released for the Smartphone OS. And when it does you can images I will be letting everyone here know as soon as I download and install it. Hopefully someone might be able to shed some light on the issues as to when it will be released, but until that happens, either check the Microsoft website (www.microsoft.com/voicecommand) or here for updates.

Thanks,

Michael

The program seems really expensive for a pocket PC app.... Do any smart or PDA phones come w/ any native voice recognition application?
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

Some do...

The i600 comes with Voice Signal's software which is a guided voice dial software. Microsoft's is direct, press a button, and say "call Michael at home" and it would dial directly. Voice Signal's software you press a button, they say "Name Dial" Then it prompts, you say the name, then it prompts and you say the location Home, Work, Mobile, etc. (of course depending on what you have programmed in).

You will need to look at the specs of the smartphone that you want to buy to see if it comes with any software preloaded, and how it works.

-Michael

I'm looking at either a i700, a vx6600 or the i730 if it ever comes out.
    Thanks

Then, just curious, why are you asking in this forum? There is an i700 forum. Plus the i700 is a Pocket PC OS, and not the Smartphone. Voice Command works for it. And the vx6600 is not a smartphone.

You will probably find better information in the other forums.

I didn't want to start a new thread on voice command in the i700 or vx6600. I was just looking to have a few basic questions answered and at least this was a thread already started all be it, not the right place.
    Thanks

But most of us don't know what the other phones have available. So yeah, it is the wrong place because you won't get the answers to your questions.

Originally posted by mrailing
    Some do...

The i600 comes with Voice Signal's software which is a guided voice dial software. Microsoft's is direct, press a button, and say "call Michael at home" and it would dial directly. Voice Signal's software you press a button, they say "Name Dial" Then it prompts, you say the name, then it prompts and you say the location Home, Work, Mobile, etc. (of course depending on what you have programmed in).

You will need to look at the specs of the smartphone that you want to buy to see if it comes with any software preloaded, and how it works.

-Michael
    you forgot to mention that voice signal also lets you open applications on your phone.
    Peace out,
    dumwaldo

Search Deez Nutz
    Originally posted by dumwaldo
    you forgot to mention that voice signal also lets you open applications on your phone.
    It does? Can you give me some more info?

Open up Voice signal. It is in your start menu(if you are a sprint customer). It gives you real simple instructions on how to use it. You can add and delete programs that can be started in voice signal setup.

You click the voice signal button, say "Open APP" where APP is the name of the application. Then it opens the app.

As tcwatkins said, most of us don't know what many of the other phones have to offer. I haven't shopped for a phone, or even looked at a new phone unless is has the Smartphone OS on it.

I started this thread to talk about Microsoft Voice Command, or the lack thereof. There are many threads that talk about Voice Signal, in fact, go to http://www.voicesignal.com.

If you want to find out more about the phones, go to either their respective forums and SEARCH for the question, and if you can't find the answers, then ask the question.

Voice Signal's website has a listing of the phones from each provider that they have their software on. For example here is Verizon's:
    http://www.voicesignal.com/products/o-verizon.php3

If you go to that page, look on the left and you will see the other providers for Voice Signal.

AND, still no update on Microsoft's Voice Command.

-Michael