+ Reply to Thread

New SD Card Transfer

How would I go about transferring all of the programs stored to my SD card, files, etc... to a new (larger) SD card. I obviously want to do this without the phone being bothered by it.

Any advice is appreciated!

Mike

I haven't tried this but I can't think why you couldn't just copy the entire contents of your smaller SD Card to your computer and then back to the larger SD Card. As long as the directory sturcture is the same, I wouldn't think your phone would know the difference.

SinisterJunkie nailed it. I do this all the time.

You should check to see if your computer supports SD cards. If it does, it would be MUCH quicker to plug your SD card into the computer, copy it to a folder, then put the larger one in a copy it back. Your cradle via Activesync will work, but will take longer.

Rob.
    www.mobilerob.com
    Productivity software for Smartphones

I bought a small SD Card reader (thumb drive form factor) for like 8 bucks and it is one off the most used accesories that I have with my phone. I use it to transfer file all the time. A Card reader will also be a lot less frustrating than trying to keep ActiveSync from timing out when moving large amounts of data.

I tried transfering data through active sync, it says the song is on there but I can't get it to play in the media player....... any suggestions?

What format is your music file? What process do you go through to play the file?

Rob.
    www.mobilerob.com
    Productivity software for Smartphones