+ Reply to Thread

TP 7.55 CAPTURE on Treo 755p

Shimon-

I am uncertain how to get this feature to work properly. I have the CAPTURE box checked in TP prefs. When I highlight a phone # in DateBK6 that is on my appointments page and then press the BLUE phone button (left most hard key) either nothing happens or if the # highlighted corresponds to a contacts entry it will display that entry in the top split screen of DateBook6. If the highlighted # is on a NOTE for an appointment entry, either nothing happens or I am taken back out to the appointments list and the top split screen displays my contacts instead of my todo's.

It seems the only way I can dial an entry from DB6 is to highlight the # copy using the drop down menu, then paste the entry on the TP dial page.

I guess I was expecting something similar to my old Kyocers 7135 where I would highlight any number anywhere and press the green send key to immediately dial. When I try this on my 755p, nothing happens! Is this not possible on the 755p????? Do I need to use the TPHack.prc file? I thought that was only good on pre OS 5 devices.

Thanks for replying.
    Brad
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

Follow-up

This seems to only be a problem in DateBk6. Shift+hard button required to exit DB6. CAPTURE works in all other apps I tested. I re-read the manual to find out what to expect. If I highlight a number in MEMO then press phone hard button, TP dialog window opens with dialing options.

What does it take to make it work from DateBk6?

While the Kyo 7135 is now outdated by current standards, it had some features that are still far ahead of this Treo 755p!!!

Brad
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

Hi,

From what you describe, I believe this may be related to the way DateBk6 handles the PHONE button. Is there an option in its preferences for it ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"

I changed the phone button feature within DateBk6. Capture now works. However, now I don't have a way to quickly lookup address info within DateBk6.

Since the Treo green SEND button does very little, could you make a Treo option in TP to use SEND button for CAPTURE?

Thank you!
    Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Krazman View Post
    I changed the phone button feature within DateBk6. Capture now works. However, now I don't have a way to quickly lookup address info within DateBk6.

Since the Treo green SEND button does very little, could you make a Treo option in TP to use SEND button for CAPTURE?

Thank you!
    Brad
    Hi,

Afraid I do not like the idea of using that button - causes a lot of issues with other apps/the built-in use for that button.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"

I understand.

I found that in DateBk6, MENU + ALT brings down a small menu with the Address, To Do, Memo, etc choices so that I can get to my address info within DateBk6 with only 1 or 2 more key strokes than if I was using the PHONE hard key. This allows me to use the PHONE hard key for full functionality of the CAPTURE feature in DateBk6!

Thanks for your replies and for your constant updates. You have to be the "Hardest Working Developer in the Palm World!!!
    Brad