+ Reply to Thread

Suggestion for 7135

Under 'Using the "Phone" button' option, is there any chance of being able to move the "Address app" up and down the order list. Currently it is stuck at the bottom and cannot be moved up above any TakePhone option.

Thanks, love this app.
    Ron Honey
    7135 Nut

Initiate a call using the send button

Shimon;
    Another suggestion for the 7135. A while back I had requested the ability to use the green "send" button to initate a call. Back on the SPS site you walked me through a keypress capture app. I've not seen any indication in the beta release notes that this feature was added or whether it was possible. Did I miss something? Thanks in advance.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Fully Converged

Re: Suggestion for 7135

Originally posted by ronhoney
    Under 'Using the "Phone" button' option, is there any chance of being able to move the "Address app" up and down the order list. Currently it is stuck at the bottom and cannot be moved up above any TakePhone option.

Thanks, love this app.
    Hi,

Once I launch the "Address app" (or any other external s/w), I loose control to it. The only way to return to TAKEphONE is by pressing the "Address" button again - which causes the system to launch TAKEphONE from the start.

This is why that option can ONLY be the last on the loop.

Sorry...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE for PalmOS
    www.shsh.com

Fully Converged

Re: Initiate a call using the send button

Originally posted by MGuzzy
    Shimon;
    Another suggestion for the 7135. A while back I had requested the ability to use the green "send" button to initate a call. Back on the SPS site you walked me through a keypress capture app. I've not seen any indication in the beta release notes that this feature was added or whether it was possible. Did I miss something? Thanks in advance.
    mg
    I remember, and I thank you.

BUT - my final conclusion from those tests was that I can not "mess" with the SEND & END buttons, as they "belong" to the "phone" side of the device - what happens if you have an incoming call while in TAKEphONE ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    www.shsh.com

Re: Re: Initiate a call using the send button

Originally posted by shimonsh
    I remember, and I thank you.

BUT - my final conclusion from those tests was that I can not "mess" with the SEND & END buttons, as they "belong" to the "phone" side of the device - what happens if you have an incoming call while in TAKEphONE ?
    I would have thought that there would be a trap to check for the condition of an incoming call or something. Not that I know anything about programming for palm smartphones! I was thinking it would be an easy piece of code to do since I can dial from any of the native apps (ToDos, Memos, Addresses etc) just by highlighting the number and hitting the green send button. Thanks anyway for the taking a look into it.
    mg

Fully Converged

Re: Re: Re: Initiate a call using the send button

I would have thought that there would be a trap to check for the condition of an incoming call or something. Not that I know anything about programming for palm smartphones! I was thinking it would be an easy piece of code to do since I can dial from any of the native apps (ToDos, Memos, Addresses etc) just by highlighting the number and hitting the green send button. Thanks anyway for the taking a look into it.
    mg
    Well - those "native" apps have "inside information" - remember they were written by Kyocera...

I promise I will look into this again once I release this version, and start on the new phase.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    www.shsh.com

Cool! thanks again... I got another request for you. . .
    Takephone's ability to search for phone numbers via the Address book is a godsend. I was wondering if it was possible to add that type of functionality to the dialer part of the app. I thought of this while reading other posts on predictive text inputing and thought I would make it a specific request to you. Specifically, Many times I already know the phone number I want to dial and it would be convenient to have a list candidate matches presented as I input the number. Then after the list is sufficiently narrowed a number could be selected and dialed. It could search for the phone numbers from the address book or the recent calls list. tell me what you think.
    mg

Fully Converged
    Takephone's ability to search for phone numbers via the Address book is a godsend. I was wondering if it was possible to add that type of functionality to the dialer part of the app. I thought of this while reading other posts on predictive text inputing and thought I would make it a specific request to you. Specifically, Many times I already know the phone number I want to dial and it would be convenient to have a list candidate matches presented as I input the number. Then after the list is sufficiently narrowed a number could be selected and dialed. It could search for the phone numbers from the address book or the recent calls list. tell me what you think.
    mg
    If you press & HOLD a button in the FIND screen, it should enter a numeric digit in stead of the "ABC"...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    www.shsh.com

Fully Converged
    mg
    Or did I misunderstand ?
    You mean you want in the "Dial/Create" tab (the lowest tab) ?
    Where would I present the matches ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    www.shsh.com

Originally posted by shimonsh
    Or did I misunderstand ?
    You mean you want in the "Dial/Create" tab (the lowest tab) ?
    Where would I present the matches ?
    I defer to your knowlege of the program, after all you wrote it!Initially I was thinking in the Dial/create tab section. But perhaps in the find Tab since you already have a display set up for there to show search results. Would it be feasible to add a pref that if input originates from the phone keypad that it would result in a numbers search. And if input originates from the Screen display it would result in a name search. If that is possible. I noticed there is already a pref to use the phone keypad for Kyocera smartphones ( I use a 7135, BTW).
    Thanks for considering my suggestion.
    mg

Fully Converged
    I defer to your knowlege of the program, after all you wrote it!Initially I was thinking in the Dial/create tab section. But perhaps in the find Tab since you already have a display set up for there to show search results. Would it be feasible to add a pref that if input originates from the phone keypad that it would result in a numbers search. And if input originates from the Screen display it would result in a name search. If that is possible. I noticed there is already a pref to use the phone keypad for Kyocera smartphones ( I use a 7135, BTW).
    Thanks for considering my suggestion.
    mg
    The FIND tab seems like a better place.
    I will try and think of a way...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    www.shsh.com

Doh! I don't know why I didn't try this before. I CAN input numbers in the find tab and it will display the results of a number search in the results box! However I have to Grafitti in the numbers as the keypad will only input alpha characters. The only other option I find for the Keypad is to turn it off all together. Also the search includes the area code. Just about all my numbers (even local ones) include the area code in my contacts. So I guess the specific request is to make this work for me
    1) add the ability to key-in numbers via the keypad-maybe a pref that allows a) keypad off, b) keypad alpha input, c) keypad numeric input. That way I could use the screen for alpha input and the keypad for numeric input. The sreen is much easier for alpha input anyway.
    2) some way of ignoring the area code (or at least the local area code) in the search so it matches the main phone number. (Edit: I noticed the "search within" option in the find preferences, will allow this but also the search takes longer.)
    3) maybe an option to search only the recent calls as opposed to the whole address book. I don't know if this would speed things up for some people that have a huge number of contacts.
    BTW this is based on playing around with ver 5.05c. If this could be incorporated there would be just about no reason I would need to use the built in dialer! thanks again for your attention.
    mg
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 01-14-2004 at 11:08 AM.

Fully Converged
    Great ideas.

Thanks.

I have added this to my "todo" list for the next release.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    www.shsh.com

Yeah! I just got the latest beta. Thanks I can use the send button to initiate a call now. And I tried so hard to train myself to use the "OK" button, really I did.
    mg

Shimon
    I thought I would ressurect my original thread rather create another.... I am still trying to figure out a feasable way of searching for phone numbers as I key them in the same way that it pulls up the contact names and companies. The most recent beta's will now search for numbers but they start the search at the beginning of the entry. So if I'm looking for a number but the entry in my address book has the area code or 1+area code it won't match. I know I can tell it to search within words in the prefs, but this seems to significanlty slow down the search. Is there a way you can add a faster filter that will recognize the seven digit phone number (xxx-xxxx) and search just those, ignoring the area code and extension info?
    Also I noticed in the beta I'm using when I first go into the app and input numbers by pressing and holding or graffiti, it will display no matches. But if I reselect "All" the mathces will show up. I using beta 99y54 with the find setting to serch within words.
    mg

Fully Converged
    Hi,

Afraid this will have to wait until after I make the release.

I will handle it then.

Thanks -
    Shimon
    Shimon Shnitzer
    www.shsh.com

ahh thanks for the consideration....
    mg

Fully Converged
    No - thank YOU - user input is what makes TAKEphONE as good as it is...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    www.shsh.com