+ Reply to Thread

Why does TAKEphONE keep appearing?

Hi Shimon,

Last night, I upgraded to the w4 beta version (from w3) on my Treo 600. Ever since then, when I turn-on my screen after the T6 has been idle for an hour or more (a guess-timate), TAKEphONE always seems to be on the display. Not sure why this is happening. I had been surfing TreoCentral prior to the last occurrence so I KNOW TAKEphONE should not have been shown.....

Relevant (?) info below:

-- I have not received or made any calls today.

-- I do not have the PHONE button assigned to TAKEphONE.

-- On the Handspring Treo preferences page, Return after call is checked (by default).

-Brian-

Don't know if this was addressed, but there is a w5 version now.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Fully Converged
    Strange.

Could you try with the "return after call" unchecked ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE for PalmOS
    www.shsh.com

Will try...

Okay, things are not as predictable as I thought... I put my Treo on the Calendar display before going to bed last night and it was still shown when I got up this morning. Hmmmm....I'm confused. Why & When is it switching to TAKEphONE?

As far as the Return After Call feature, I will uncheck it and see if it makes a difference. But, since the switching to TAKEphONE behavior seems 'unpredictable', how do I tell if the unchecking of this feature fixes the issue or not? Not sure why this would make a difference when there was no call activity at all (In or Out) during the period I was seeing this happen.

Question about the Return After Call feature -- if I was not using TAKEphONE to make a call, why should it RETURN to it? Same goes for receiving a call and then hanging-up -- back to TAKEphONE again. Seems like this should have an additional check that says "If TAKEphONE is chosen as 'phone' application, then RETURN AFTER CALL. Otherwise, back to std. Phone app." Then again, maybe your way makes more sense for somebody who is a very frequent user of the Phone/Contacts apps like a salesman -- which is not me.

Should I just go ahead and upgrade to w5 to see if this issue is still present?

Thanks again, Shimon.

-Brian-

Well as best as I can tell for the little testing I have done. It that the how ever TakePhone gets control back after a call it also the same as when an SMS message is completed (sending) and when ever the network connect is shutdown.

I use Treo600 Connection Manager is disconnect my data connection when not in certian programs. I have noticed that upon the network connection be taking down (1 minite after exiting blazar as per my dirrections in Treo600 CM) TakePhone will then be brought up.

-Jeremy

EDIT: BTW this is all done with "return to Takephone" checked.

EDIT:
    Phone: Handspring Treo600
    Network: SprintPCS
    Last edited by Jeremy Rossi; 02-02-2004 at 04:53 PM.

I have also noticed, that takephone comes up when you use the CallFilter v1.0rc2 to block calls and send them to v-mail. After testing this by blocking my office number and calling my cell. After I got to v-mail my treo600 switched apps to TakePhone.

-Jeremy

Fully Converged
    Hi all,

Please try build 5.05m 99x1 at www.shsh.com/beta

It should fix this.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    www.shsh.com

Originally posted by shimonsh
    Hi all,

Please try build 5.05m 99x1 at www.shsh.com/beta

It should fix this.
    Just tested with with Tero600 CM and SMS, both worked like a charm.

Thank you again for the best app for the treo600 bar none.

-Jeremy

Fully Converged
    New build (99x2) at www.shsh.com/beta

Added selection:
    "Return after calls from TAKEphONE only"
    "Return after ALL calls"
    Shimon Shnitzer
    www.shsh.com

Fully Converged
    OK.

Posted a fix (5.05m 99x4 at www.shsh.com/beta) for both issues:
    - Return to TAKEphONE after ending an accepted incoming call.
    - "0" in alpha mode in "Hard pause" dialog.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    www.shsh.com