+ Reply to Thread

"Error trying to open"

I'm running TakePhone 6.0 on a 7135 and it had been functioning fine. Now whenever I try to dial from TakePhone, I get an error message that says: Error trying to open ' ( followed by a rectangular box).

This happens whether I try to dial from anywhere in TakePhone such as the speed dial tab, The find tab, the redial tab, the history tab, etc.

Any ideas? I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling, that may be the first thing I try.

Fully Converged

Re: "Error trying to open"

Originally posted by Boondoggler
    I'm running TakePhone 6.0 on a 7135 and it had been functioning fine. Now whenever I try to dial from TakePhone, I get an error message that says: Error trying to open ' ( followed by a rectangular box).

This happens whether I try to dial from anywhere in TakePhone such as the speed dial tab, The find tab, the redial tab, the history tab, etc.

Any ideas? I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling, that may be the first thing I try.
    Please check the settings in TAKEphONE's "Telephony" preferecnes page - under "Dial using" you should have "Kyocera" selected in "SmartPhone/App"
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE for PalmOS
    www.shsh.com

Thanks. I had noticed that it was no longer showing the correct icon in the upper right hand corner. I tried to access the Telephony preferences and kept getting a fatal error. I decided to uninstall and reinstall and it is now functioning properly. Thank you for such a quick response!

Fully Converged
    No problem.

Enjoy it...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    www.shsh.com

I just ran into this same problem. I got the "Error trying to open" whenever I tried to dial. Then, when I tried to access the Telephony preferences, I kept getting a fatal error. Uninstalling and reinstalling seems to have solved it.

But I wonder what caused the problem in the first place. Seems to me the problem started happening after I did a hard reset a few days ago. Maybe TAKEphoONE doesn't restore from backup well. (I made sure to do a hotsync just before I did the hard reset).

shimonsh - you may want to take a look at that.

- Eric S.

Fully Converged
    I will.

Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    www.shsh.com