+ Reply to Thread

No Categories with ContactDB

I have been evaluating TAKEphone for about a week having switched from PhoneMagic due to problems on the Treo 650.

I noticed that with TAKEphone I had the duplicate databases ContactDB and AddressDB.

When I removed AddressDB then my categories disappeared. Has anyone else scene this problem? After bringing back AddressDB (by running PhoneMagic) the categories reappeared.

Hi,

I am aware of this, and already have a fix.
    I will be posting it shortly.

Please stay tuned at www.shsh.com/products
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"

Categories fixed

After trying TakePhone with my Treo 650 for 2 weeks I bought it this morning. This is a great piece of software that makes the Treo much easier to work with especially for one handed phone use.

I also found Shimon to be very responsive to emails. He fixed the category problem that I had which allowed me to delete the AddressDB file, keep my categories and gain back 1.5M of precious memory.

I am working with him on the credit card dialing problem and we are almost there with a fix.

Where's the fix?

I've downloaded the install from the website (no version change listed) & tried it - still no categories without the legacy files.

Where can I find the update?

Shimon sent it to me to test the calling card fix which I still can't get to work! But the categories are definitely repaired.

Send him an email and I am sure that he can help you.

I have build 37. Hopeully we will get a "final" version.