+ Reply to Thread

TP-T650 Power Button Problem!

I bought TAKEPhONE about a week back and like it a lot, but it's become unusable on my Sprint Treo 650 ....

When TAKEphONE is installed, every method of waking up the phone becomes erratic in operation. The RED and GREEN phone buttons are unresponsive, the application keys won't start the phone, and even ejecting or inserting an SD card won't wake the phone up on a regular basis.

The problem occurs on my system every time the phone is powered down, and requires a variable number of keypresses on a wake key to get the Treo to turn on. Then, once I delete TAKEphONE, waking up the Treo returns to normal.

I've deleted TAKEphONE from my Treo, then reinstalled it with no change. It sometimes works fine for the first few power cycles, then returns to the condition I describe above.

Is there a way to fix this?

edit: running TAKEphONE 6.50_034

Hi,

Sorry for all this trouble.

Will you help me try and figure this out ?
    (had no such complaints during the beta...)

Will you run a newer version I will send you ?

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"

I am more than happy to .. I'd like to see it work for me.

You can find my email in my profile.

Let me know what you'd like me to do!

Thanks - I will.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -

mfp
    hi...

i was wondering what the outcome was regarding this issue. i seem to be having the same problem with my treo 650. mine will not turn off at all. if i want to power off i have to remove the battery! when i uninstall TakePhone, it works fine.

also... i like to disable caller ID from my phone for outgoing calls. i have 2 issues with this:
    1- when i select this option on my treo (to disable) it sometimes reverts back without my knowing.
    2- is there some way i can program *82 before some of my saved speed dial or phone book entries so that my number will be displayed on phones that won't accept calls from blocked numbers? i've tried doing this but it does not work.

i love the interface!

thanks for your help...
    marsha

* edit... just wanted to clarify. my phone is cingular blue. i am not having any problems when i turn the phone on with takePhone, i just can't turn it off!
    Last edited by mfp; 05-21-2005 at 12:06 PM.

Shimon and I did some testing and didn't come to a conclusion. My power-on problems continued though several tests.

I never encountered a power-off problem.

Hi,

Let's try to find the common denominator here - it may give me a clue...

1. Are you both using tkphos5hk - the extension for 'capturing' and dialing from other application ?

2. Are you both using any other 'extension' (or 'hack') such as KeyCaps600 ? TreoGuard ? Butler ?

Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -

mfp
    hi...

thanks for trying to help! my answer to both of your questions is no. my treo 650 is just about a week old, yours was one of the 1st programs i installed. i didn't think the hack features were important for me right now so i didn't install them.

just to clarify, i CAN turn the phone screen off - i just can't turn the actual phone radio off. i do have the radio control program running to make sure the phone goes back on after a soft reset. perhaps that's the problem?

i've solved the problem of constant resets using the paper under the sim card trick so maybe i don't need radio control anymore. i'll try turning it off and i'll let you know if that lets me turn the phone off!

mfp
    it was the radio control program! apparently if that program is set to turn the phone back on after a soft reset, it will not allow you to turn the phone off in TakePhone.

now for the screwy part... i turned radio control back to the on position to see if i could switch from TakePhone to treo phone and then be able to turn the phone off. now all of a sudden i can turn it off from TakePhone!

crazy!!

Originally posted by mfp
    hi...

thanks for trying to help! my answer to both of your questions is no. my treo 650 is just about a week old, yours was one of the 1st programs i installed. i didn't think the hack features were important for me right now so i didn't install them.

just to clarify, i CAN turn the phone screen off - i just can't turn the actual phone radio off. i do have the radio control program running to make sure the phone goes back on after a soft reset. perhaps that's the problem?

i've solved the problem of constant resets using the paper under the sim card trick so maybe i don't need radio control anymore. i'll try turning it off and i'll let you know if that lets me turn the phone off!
    Hi,

Pardon my ignorance:

1. What is the radio contorl program ? Where can I get it ?

2. paper under the SIM trick ? what's this ?

Thanks
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -

mfp
    ignorance?? HA! i should be so ignorant, LOL

radio control is a program designed to automatically turn the radio back on after a soft reset. you can find it here: http://www.clanhobbs.org/treo/?q=nod...5a2c4f5256fc7c

as for the paper trick... initially i was having a very big problem with the phone turning on and off constantly. being new at this treo stuff, i found all the forums and did a lot of reading. everyone talked about software conflicts so naturally i thought that was my problem. i installed programs, uninstalled programs, configured, reconfigured and nothing seemed to help. then i found a thread where someone mentioned that sometimes this is not software related - in some cases, the sim card isn't making good contact with the phone and if you put a little piece of paper under the card, it can help make a better contact. obviously that was my problem, i haven't had a reset since doing it! i was so amazed that i thought it should be mentioned at the top of every forum - i'll bet many have the problem and automatically start playing with the software like i did! here's the thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=radio+control

Thanks !

I will install Radio Control and play with it a while, to see where it collides with TAKEphONE. Maybe it can be fixed ?

Regarding the paper under sim - this does sound similar the a problem I've been having:
    Every now and then my signal bars drop to none (the antenna is still shown), but I get "No service" when trying to make calls.
    I thought it was due to poor reception, but it does not return to normal when I get back to places where I KNOW there is full reception... I have to manually turn the radio off then on to regain operatoin.

Is this how it behaves for you ? Will the paper trick work for me, too ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -

mfp
    hi...

my problem was a bit different. the phone would actually turn off and back on itself. but try the paper, it's such a passive fix that can't possibly harm the phone and it just might help!

let me know your findings after you've played with radio control.

as an aside, i do really like your program! i've played around with the various skins and looked at some of the others not included with the program. i've settled on the blue & gray because i like it's clean simplicity and clarity of the function buttons. is there a high resolution one just like that (no fancy "bubble type" numbers, etc.) floating around anywhere?

thanks for your help and most of all... your program!
    marsha

Thanks.

Try this one.
    Attached Files
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -

mfp
    thanks for the skin! we're getting there but there's still something i like about the simplicity and large icons of the original blue/gray and zen skins. i'm sure many more will be designed soon as others learn what a great program you've written

Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -