+ Reply to Thread

What is going on with PDAPhonehome.com news?

It seems the forums are active, but the home page has OLD news. Is anyone eventually going to update it or what?
    It's working for me, there must not be anything wrong!

Maybe when they come in from outdoors ?

Administrator
    no the forum is not dying silly rascal..

convergent, the owner of this site, has been in the process of moving--and selling--and has not had time to be here as much as he likes to. we all have lives outside of this cyber world and those lives tak priority. once he is settled he will be back to business here. honestly i dont ever see the front page as i go right to the forum listings so i am a little out of touch with the front page, but Convergent will have the site running smooth shortly.

On behalf of Convergent and myself, i appreciate your patience and thank you for hanging around the site and for your concerns!

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Hi guys... yep as Marc said, I've not had time to do the news for a while. If anyone is interested in helping with it, I'd be more than happy to work with them to help it get updated. It is embarassingly out of date, and I do need to get it back into a regular update mode. I've been using the "moving" excuse for a long time now, and I need to get on with it I guess. We have never really been a destination news site, so no the site is definitely not dying. The forum is as busy as ever.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Hey guys - thanks for two things - one, moving my thread to the appropriate area as in my quick look, didn't find a good place and two, replying about the news. I've been concerned since the impression when someone new arrives at the home page could be that they would think the site was dead.

I understand moving and selling......they sure can take a lot out of you. If I could help keep the news up to date, I would. But I'm not sure how I would find the time either. My wife already gives me a hard time about reading and replying to posts.

Quote Originally Posted by tojohnso View Post
    My wife already gives me a hard time about reading and replying to posts.
    Welcome to my world!

Seriously, I don't mind the "kick in the pants"... I totally agree with all you are saying and it does look bad. I'll try to start updating the news soon.
    Mike - Been Converged?

You could always remove the outdated items until you have the time to update...better no news than old news
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Good suggestion, but unfortunately the site doesn't work that way. My problem is I am an all or nothing guy. If I can't update the site with a dozen news items a day, I tend to not want to update it at all. Probably not the best strategy.
    Mike - Been Converged?

OK, I've started working on updating the home page news... finally. I will be trying to get it more updated over the next few days. I have an RSS feed that pulls news in to a staging area, so I should be able to go back a few weeks and refresh some of the old stuff that is on there too.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Mike - I see the updates......NICE!! Thanks!

squeaky wheel gets the grease! Looks good Mike....
    Jeremiah 29:11