+ Reply to Thread

Page Redirections in Firefox

Occasionally if I stay on one page for too long I'll be automatically redirected to a full page ad or website. This is the most recent redirection:

103005 Long Beach Arena New York, NY Yellow Page Directory Results - www.addresses.com

I've never seen this behavior on this site... are you sure you don't have a spyware infection or if its only happening in firefox, an ill behaved Addon?
    just a thought
    mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

dont think I have any spyware - but I'm running scans now. I just fired up IE8 to test and after about 20 minutes of inactivity my browser did redirect. It doesnt happen fast, so it probably doesnt affect a lot of users. It seems to take about 10 minutes or so (sometimes less though). It should be noted that I'm also seeing this on 2 different machines.

If you can, open a tab or page with pdaphonehome.com (even the homepage will redirect) and see if it happens to you after 10-15 minutes of inactivity.

Thanks

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    I'll look into this and see if I can find anything.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Just redirected me to one of those sites that pops up a window that tells you your PC is infected.

Well something just happened to me... I thought for sure I left my screen in a the new post screen and something else was there.. I think I got redirected! so I pulled up my history and this is what I have.. a link to Redirect: here's the URL
    Redirect

followed by this website:
    Shop online Ms. Moyra Collagen Skin Cream For Dry Skin - 4 Oz at AmericaRx.com

And yes I'm using Firefox 3.5RC with all the latest updates. I'm pretty sure I didn't click on an adbanner by accident, but who knows. I've noticed my resources seem to spike a lot as its loading the adbanners. So I've loaded AdBlock Plus to see what effect that has. (Sorry to block your ads convergent).
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.