+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb Forum Layout/Break Down?

I know i'm no expert in forums, and i have no clue how hard it would be, but maybe a suggestion. Maybe change the Options of threads (don't know how to put it, the proper term) to be broke down by Operating system, this is kind of there now, but not really "Other smartphones, or PDA phones (or something like that)" is one topic area. Wouldn't it be nice to look at what OS you know you have (iphone, android, windows mobile, LiMo, etc.), and post in there?

Just my suggestion, take it as you wish...

Administrator
    hello and thank you for your opinion. the site owner, Convergent, is looking into a new feel and update of the site. He is taking your suggestions...

Thanks for the info Marctronixx.

it's just me, and i may be the only one, but i thing browsing the forums by OS first, then by phone make is the easiest way of getting to what you need, considdering all the phone threads in that topic would have the same common OS...

Quote Originally Posted by kd7jur View Post
    Thanks for the info Marctronixx.

it's just me, and i may be the only one, but i thing browsing the forums by OS first, then by phone make is the easiest way of getting to what you need, considdering all the phone threads in that topic would have the same common OS...

I don't want to cross post but I made this very suggestion in another thread. I do believe the phone platform is becoming the predominate view rather than the phone. I know you don't like us to point to other forums but if you look at what ppcGeeks has done wth their web site you can see how this site is starting to appear tired and worn. It is long overdue for a refresh. Even checking a site like dpreview for camera's. They kept the overall look and feel but still have made major changes. I do believe this site needs to see major changes.