+ Reply to Thread
    MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?

Question Posting Count? or No Count?

How does the posting count work? It does not appear to count multiple posts as they happen. Are they updated daily instead of live?
    Mark

Administrator
    once you post your number should increase by one. if you do 10 posts, be it back to back, or an hour apart, your post count will increase by that amout immediately.

please dont make insignificant postings just to increase a post count. that type of behavior is not tolerated here.

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    I would not dream of posting for the sake of posting, but I don't think the counter works. It's not a big deal, but something I noticed.
    Mark

Administrator
    well i just posted this and my post count went up one as normal...

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    WOW!! I'm such an idiot sometimes. I see how it works now. My bad, please delete this thread before anyone ses how dumb I am.
    Thanks for your patience.
    Mark

Administrator
    you are not dumb.. you asked a question and figured it out. all is well..

lets leave it here in case someone else asks..

Originally posted by MEG
    My bad, please delete this thread before anyone ses how dumb I am.
    Too late for that MEG... haha, j/k I'm glad that Marc got you straightened out
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Ok, I'll make you a deal, when my posting count passes 200, you kill this stupid thread? I can't have these idiotic ramblings of a duranged man out there when I am a respected, converged member of society.

Deal?

Mark

PS I am still having the problem where I cannot attach and upload a file, any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by MEG; 03-09-2005 at 09:23 PM.

Administrator
    what are you tyring to upload? an image? a wave tone?

just posted an image with no problems as you can see here...
    Attached Images  

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    I had a thumbnail jpg of a cylon from the old Battlestar Gallactica series that I was going to add to the whole "Convergent is a cyborg" debate. Alas, the moment is gone. But it would have been funny.

Mark

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Just to chime in on this... it should normally count realtime. There is an exception. It is possible for a forum to be setup so it doesn't count. This is not done here now, but it may be in the future if we to go a store system where you can buy stuff with points you get from posting. In that cases, some forums would be excluded. Also, if we prune a forum or delete posts in mass because of a spammer or something... the counts will not decrease as they should. So once in a while we may run a routine that redoes the counts and in that case you may see your counts drop. I've not done anything like that in probably 6-9 months, so it is not something that should happen often. In fact, if I were to run it... I'd post ahead of time so you'd know to look for it.
    Mike - Been Converged?

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Originally posted by Convergent
    Just to chime in on this... it should normally count realtime. There is an exception. It is possible for a forum to be setup so it doesn't count. This is not done here now, but it may be in the future if we to go a store system where you can buy stuff with points you get from posting. In that cases, some forums would be excluded. Also, if we prune a forum or delete posts in mass because of a spammer or something... the counts will not decrease as they should. So once in a while we may run a routine that redoes the counts and in that case you may see your counts drop. I've not done anything like that in probably 6-9 months, so it is not something that should happen often. In fact, if I were to run it... I'd post ahead of time so you'd know to look for it.
    Thanks for the info. It still doesn't take away from the fact that I'm a moron! But thanks anyway.

Mark