+ Reply to Thread

Let's put the Sticky on a diet. Who's with me!!!

**** Refering to this link ****

This post is a Great! Wonderful Marvelous Idea, I wish someone would take the time and organize ALL stickies in this forum (Well maybe with modifications like just posting the answers) so Our Sticky FAQs in the PPC forum will be the most effective on the site as “E” has suggested.

I have always felt that the reason for a sticky is to organize the FAQs so a new users can get up to speed quickly with the more seasoned users.
    Currently taking EHUD’s post as an example; it takes FIVE pages of sifting to get to E’s link. This causes wasted reposting of questions which have already been answered.
    I’m guilty of posting before searching but in my defense I don’t have the time to go through a 5+ page topics to get a quick answer when I can just post can check back tomorrow.
    Can we make this happen. Who’s With me!!!!!!

Administrator
    well you need tro learn to search before posting. if its a hot topic and has been asked many times before, your post will get merged with the information you are looking for.

also, when you are searching, you can request your queries to be in the form of posts rather than threads...

Thanks and yes I do search, I find it can be time consuming and in some cases outdated. I I will spend more time in refining my searches techniques.
    I still maintain that the stickys as they stand are bloated and can be trimmed down. This contributes to the repeat questions i.e. “ Voice Command via Blue Tooth”
    This is why I linked to Ehud’s link, which is concise, and to the point. There is also a running post over at treocentral started by HOBBS . This one is fun because, well because its on a Treo Site.
    I offered this post from the view of a new users three weeks into the PPC.

But given the responses to my post all that can be said is… Who’s with me?

No One.

i'm out
    Last edited by g.711; 04-20-2005 at 11:44 AM.