+ Reply to Thread

Let's Move...

With the total lack of reliability here on PDAPhone.com, shouldn't we consider taking the most important stuff (FAQ, etc) and moving elsewhere? Brighthand or Yahoo Groups? I mean seriously, this has been a very disjointed discussion over the past week.

Nothing against anyone, just tired of trying to come here and not being able to...over and over.

My 2 cents.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Nice...

I am sorry we haven't been running at our peak this week. We are having some problems. We haven't had any to speak of for about a year. Many people are working hard to try and get things back on track, but sometimes it takes a little time to accomplish.

This site just matched donations of the members to buy one of the forum members (SuperDave) an i730 so that he can work his magic for you guys, like he's done on other pdaPhones in the past. I don't see the other sites you mentioned doing that kind of thing for its users.

Hopefully we'll get these problems taken care of very soon.
    Mike - Been Converged?

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?

Re: Let's Move...

Originally posted by docugod
    With the total lack of reliability here on PDAPhone.com, shouldn't we consider taking the most important stuff (FAQ, etc) and moving elsewhere? Brighthand or Yahoo Groups? I mean seriously, this has been a very disjointed discussion over the past week.

Nothing against anyone, just tired of trying to come here and not being able to...over and over.

My 2 cents.
    stfu!

If you can't live with the occasional hiccup, maybe you should leave! I like it here and the people are great, so don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out.

Mark

PS gtfo!

Arlington, TX - I can see the Ballpark from here.
    You gotta be kiddiing me dude. They provide a FREE place to come for information and help and sometimes chitchat with people with the same interests. Now if we were paying for it I might be upset with hiccups, but like I said, they are providing it for free (to us of course, they still have to pay for related costs) BTW, if this has anything to do with the attempted DOS attacks, I hope you find the Monkey Scrots and break a foot off in thier a...Well, you know the rest.
    Dave

Self-Proclaimed Baseball Nut. Or is that just Nut? :bangin:

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    We are still working on it, and no one feels the pain more than me. I had a packed schedule this week at work and this wasn't in it. We can't find any pattern to the problem, and are now thinking it may have been a kernel update that is bad.
    Mike - Been Converged?

My 2 cents.
    This week is the first significant problem the board has had since the old 7135 board crashed two years ago (before Convergent bought it). Yahoo and Brighthand have both had more downtime.

Quite frankly, this will get some of the i730 newbies to crack open the manual or hit google to try and answer a couple of questions themselves before jumping in here and asking basic PPC stuff that you can find all over the internet and get us to focus on actual i730 questions when the board is up.

Just my 4 cents....

Alan

Administrator
    guys,
    thanks for your support for the site. a lot of you have been around here for a while and we appreciate you coming back and coming back...

mikey works hard on this site and he deserves more respect than the original poster has stated. things do happen at times amd we appreciate you guys hanging around and waiting...

My 2 cents.
    your two cents really aint worth TWO CENTS.......what country's currency is that from again?
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

I suggest you keep the two cents because that may be all you have going for you.

This site has brought me a lot of help insight and friendship in the PDAphone world. SuperDave (SD) designed apps and supported us I700 users for FREE. if you don't like the house your in go somewhere else.

But do not tell the person who lives there to give you the furniture and everything else not nailed down so you can take it elsewhere.

We built this community and we will support it.
    My PDA & SmartPhone History: Palm Vx; M505;TungstenT; NX60; iPaq 1910; I700; Treo 600; hx4700; MPx220; hw6515, Treo 700w, XV6700,, Treo 700p, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9h, BlackBerry 8310 & BlackBerry 8820, BlackBerry Bold, BlackBerry Storm 9530; Droid Incredible; iPhone4; Samsung Captivate; Samsung Fascinate; Droid X, Droid2 Global, Droid X; Droid Incredible. Funny how the familiar is where you end up in the end.