+ Reply to Thread
    Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar

Nearly all pages trying to link to t0.extreme-dm.com

Nearly all of the pages I've viewed on PPH this morning have been failing to completely load. The status bar at the bottom of my preferred browser, Firefox, shows "Waiting for t0.extreme-dm.com" and it never completes. What's the deal ??
    Michael

t0.extreme-dm.com is one of the advertisment servers. My guess is that they are having server or network problems.

Alan

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    OK, thanks! It stopped happening shortly after I posted my message. I don't see the ads anyway since I have the "AdBlock" extension installed in Firefox. For some reason, it was still causing the page load problem though.
    Michael

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Guys, no. That url is a stats tracker. The little lightening bolt down there will let you see the stats for the site if you are interested. I could probably pay the fee and get the hidden version, but I think its interesting for people to see how we are doing. I will say that about 3-4 months ago they changed their algorithms and it caused the stats to look like they dropped... but what really happened is they got more accurate. Prior to that they were over reporting traffic... now its consistent with our other behind the scenes tracking tools.

The reason the pages were having problems loading has nothing to do with ads, or the tracking url... we have been having server issues lately and still trying to figure out the cause. Each time we think we have it, it crops back up. It started about 3 weeks ago with a kernel upgrade that works fine on all the other servers, but not this one for some reason. The sysadmins have been working hard to find it. I thank you for your patience.
    Mike - Been Converged?