+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forum Upgrade?

Talking Forum Upgrade?

Have you looked into upgrading vBulletin for this forum to Version 3.0.6? I think the new Search formats/options would be an asset for this forum.

You can see an example

here:

Use the 'Search' function in that forum or another and see how it formats and displays the results.

-Shawn
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    Henry David Thoreau

http://www.canyouhearusnow.net/action/

POWER TO THE 1%

Wouldn't people have to use the search function in order to take advantage of that improved capability?

Heh - just kidding . . . perhaps.

Permanently Converged
    He's right tho'! I use the search function now, but it's painful. It finds your string anywhere. How nice to be able to specify in title only or in text only or anywhere. Or, how about by user or date?

In our forum you can search by user, by specific date, by specific forum, titles only, entire post, you can see just the posts that contain your results, or the entire thread, sort by number of views, posters, date, replies, etc.

We have just about every single option that avs fourms do in our search box, actually we have EVERY option that avs forum has. It's laid out a little differently, but all the question are there.

Re: Forum Upgrade?

Originally posted by SoulPimp
    Have you looked into upgrading vBulletin for this forum to Version 3.0.6? I think the new Search formats/options would be an asset for this forum.

You can see an example

here:

Use the 'Search' function in that forum or another and see how it formats and displays the results.

-Shawn
    As MRailing mentioned the search function is pretty good here. That said, the site Admin is in the process of upgrading the entire site anyway.
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Permanently Converged
    Good grief! All this time all I was aware of was the forum search box at the bottom of the page. I had no idea the link at the top was at all different. I stand corrected, this makes a world of difference. My apologies!

LOL, me too, I'm sorry I never even looked for 'Search' up top....

I like the way "Show results as posts" works......

Can we change the options (and have the setting persistent) for the Search Option at the bottom of each thread?

If not, if we change the settings up top do they reset to the forum defaults when we leave the site and return?

I guess I can try it myself and see...

It would be nice to have this option "Show results as posts" set as the default..IMO.
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    Henry David Thoreau

http://www.canyouhearusnow.net/action/

POWER TO THE 1%