+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New popup

New popup

The following popup is being blocked by my popup blocker...

http://www.zelnorm.com/utils/pop_cohort1.html.....

It's some kind of medical survey.

Administrator
    probaby a bad advertiser who has slipped thru the cracks...

They're back...

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    They never left. They have a banner ad here, so it's no accident. It's just as obnoxious as the Navy banner ad that takes up half your screen if your pointer tries to claim its space. This is getting a bit old.

Originally posted by fixn278
    They're back...

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Use a better browser .... like Firefox with the "AdBlock" extension installed with the following block script:

[Adblock]
    /\D\d{2,3}x\d{2,3}\D/
    googlesyndication
    us.yimg.com/a/
    /\/buy_assets\//
    /[\W\d_](top|bottom|left|right|)?banner(s|id=|\d|_)[\W\d]/
    /[\W\d](double|fast)click[\W\d]/
    /[\W\d]click(stream|thrutraffic|thru|xchange)[\W\d]/
    /[\W\d]value(stream|xchange|click)[\W\d]/
    /[\W\d]dime(xchange|click)[\W\d]/
    /[\W\d](onlineads?|ad(banner|click|-?flow|frame|ima?g(es?)?|_id|js|log|serv(er|e)?|stream|_string|s|trix|type|vertisements?|v|vert|xchange)?)[\W\d]/

With the above and popup blocking enabled in Firefox, I see virtually no popups or ads at all. Speeds up browsing by quite a bit!

Oh, I've also got the "Popups Must Die!" extension installed in Firefox. That helps, too!
    Michael

If you still want IE functionality I suggest using Deepnet Explorer. Has many safety features IE left out !!!. Check it out here Deepnet Explorer
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Oh, OK. So we're the problem. Thanks!

Feel free to let valueclick know that their Zelnorm ad is a PITA any time now...

Since you're obviously having a problem with your advertisers, and there are a small contingent of your users who still use MSIE, possibly you should direct your suggestions here: http://support.microsoft.com/

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar

Anyone else getting popups from this fourm?

MORTGAGES.ROOT.NET

This web site keeps poping up when I vist pdaPhoneHome.com > Pocket PC pdaPhones > Samsung i730 site.

Anyone else getting this?

When I run my spyware sw it goes away.

Mark

Nothing here. I'm running XP
    Gary

Yup--I'm seeing this (mortgages.root.net) pop up quite often in the last 2 days. Mike?!?!?!
    Jeremiah 29:11

Popup US Navy ad

The US Navy ad with at dark ship on it is extremely annoying - with a floating popout the covers a huge section of the screen for a long time.

I'll try to note the URL next time so it can be killed once and for all!

Just got the medical survey popup. I've blocked it. I am using Linux and Mozilla so don't give me the use a real OS/Browser.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Well, the Zelnorm popup is back. It has been here for over a month now. Is an admin addressing this or are popups now part of the normal infrastructure?

Originally posted by fixn278
    Well, the Zelnorm popup is back. It has been here for over a month now. Is an admin addressing this or are popups now part of the normal infrastructure?
    I guess nobody cares to answer.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    I don't see the pop-up... Can you give me more info on it so I can try to hunt it down. I think the vast majority of people run some kind of front line defense against pop-ups, so they don't see them. I don't run much, so I get pop-ups on many other sites, but never here. We will get rid of them if you can identify it.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Originally posted by Convergent
    I don't see the pop-up... Can you give me more info on it so I can try to hunt it down. I think the vast majority of people run some kind of front line defense against pop-ups, so they don't see them. I don't run much, so I get pop-ups on many other sites, but never here. We will get rid of them if you can identify it.
    I run a popup blocker also, so I don't see it, but I do get notification when one is blocked. It is a "on.close" popup. There is a Zelnorm ad that appears at the bottom of the page, and when that window is closed, it attempts to popup a Zelnorm ad.

Thank you, Convergent, for taking care of the popup problem. It had gotten so bad that every page transition generated one. This was only after turning off my popup blocker to see just how bad it really was, but it was clear that some advertisers were slamming you. Thanks again!

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    You're welcome. The advertisers aren't slamming me really. Ad networks fill our ad space, and they have rules for their advertisers based on what the publisher (us) allows. We don't allow pop-ups. The advertisers are sneaky and will change their creative after a campaign is in flight, or they will hide it somehow. If they can slip in pop-ups like this, it is a big value to them. The reason is that pop-up ads pay about 5-10 times what non pop-up ads pay. We give up the higher rates to keep you guys happy.
    Mike - Been Converged?