+ Reply to Thread

Old issue is back - 11/7/05

Started getting this message again when I hit the "View New Posts" link:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the pdaPhoneHome.com database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

R

Well, its back again as of this morning, Wed. 1/11/06 when I click on "View New Posts" I get the following:

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

Unhappy Search not working

I am getting this when I search any forum:

Administrator
    we had a server issue last night and we also had an extremely high number of unique visitors and it put some stress on things. the administration is on top of it.

Is there any resolution in sight on this issue? The only way that I peruse messages us via the "view new posts" link.

R

Administrator
    not trying to speak for convergent,

but he is aware of the issue and is working with the servers to rectify it. he will post any updates here.

Thanks for the response. Not trying to give anyone a hard time but wanted to make sure that someone knew that it was ongoing.

R

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    sorry guys... had my eye off the ball. getting it fixed now. in the future, if you don't see a response to a thread like this, someone please PM me. That goes right to my pdaphone and I can then contact our sysadmin to fix it. I have been out of the office, and therefore not watching the forum the last couple days. my apologees.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Its back - 1/18//2006

Administrator
    we are working on some internal things on the server that is putting a slight load on the site.. plus the thousands of visitors that stop in daily. we are aware of it and we really "apologize for the inconvenience"...

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    That message is normal if the server gets a sudden spike of traffic, so that it doesn't implode and die. It is a load check that will stop new people from getting in if the server is stressed. The BEST thing to do is wait 5 or 10 minutes before trying again. What doesn't help at all is to sit and keep hitting refresh constantly until the message goes away. That actually defeats the purpose of having people wait. If you are really bored at that point, there are always the google ads to play with!

As Marc said, we are doing a lot of work behind the scenes right now in preparation for what I hope will be the final upgrade we've put off for so long. Just to give you an idea of the intensity of this stuff, I started running a test of the upgrade at 7:54am today, its now 3:11pm and its no where finished.
    Mike - Been Converged?