+ Reply to Thread
    MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?

PPC 6700 Suggestion

The PPC 6700 forum is kind of chaotic and there does not seem to be a FAQ. This phone will release on VZW soon and this may "triple" the traffic there. Mrailing has done a FANTASTIC job with the i730 forum and FAQ and I think you may want to mirror that philosophy for the PPC 6700/XV6700.

Just a suggestion.

PS because the i730 never camera with a camera, I will be getting the XV6700 from VZW when released. I'm sure I'm not the only one.....

Mark

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    All we need is a volunteer - "an mrailing" - to help put it together.
    Mike - Been Converged?

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!

Re: PPC 6700 Suggestion

Couldn't agree more on all counts, MEG. I had hoped mrailing or his clone might relegate the i730 to someone else to simply maintain since he's done all the grunt work, and then turn his attention to the 6700. Given that it's the first with WM5 (and the first with EV-DO for Sprint), I thought it might be given mrailing's level of attention. Here's hoping. Glad you thought enough of this to bring it up.

Originally posted by MEG
    The PPC 6700 forum is kind of chaotic and there does not seem to be a FAQ. This phone will release on VZW soon and this may "triple" the traffic there. Mrailing has done a FANTASTIC job with the i730 forum and FAQ and I think you may want to mirror that philosophy for the PPC 6700/XV6700.

Just a suggestion.

PS because the i730 never camera with a camera, I will be getting the XV6700 from VZW when released. I'm sure I'm not the only one.....

Mark

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Originally posted by Convergent
    All we need is a volunteer - "an mrailing" - to help put it together.
    Is that an invitiation? Cause I'm not sure I'd be any better than what is there now....

Oh, and I don't know what I'm doing....

Mark

hmm... if only I had Sprint service and a 6700, then I would be over here... but alas, I love my i730...

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Originally posted by mrailing
    hmm... if only I had Sprint service and a 6700, then I would be over here... but alas, I love my i730...

Yes, but how about when the XV6700 releases on VZW? i730 size, power and camera! How can you resist!

Mark

Then I might think about it...

You guys could always put a little incentive in for mrailing by taking up a collection to fund a 6700 for him. I noticed that this was done to get SuperDave motivated to work on a new device and it was very successful. Just a thought.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Excellent suggestion! As I recall, the funds for Dave's i730 had been committed within a day or two. I was amazed!

If Michael would seriously consider it, I'm in for $25.

If you are interested in doing this, I'd suggest the following. First, contact mrailing by PM and verify that he'd want to do it. It is a big commitment of time, and the cost of a 6700 may not be something that excites him. Then, assuming he is agreeable, I'd suggest you post a thread in the 6700 forum asking for support. You will get a lot more response there. The other thing you need to realize is that there is no guarantee that he would be able to do anything. Knowing his past work, I would think that he'd do a great job... however, everyone has busy lives and I've seen some of our most active and contributing team members have life situations that forced them to abandon their work here overnight. I only say this because I don't want anyone to come back in 2 months and be upset that they kicked in $20 towards a 6700, and they don't like the FAQ that got created. Whether a device is paid for out of donations or not, the work here is still done on a volunteer basis. As long as everyone is cool with that, I think this could be a win/win situation. If you post a thread, please alert me to it with the url so I can monitor how it goes.
    Mike - Been Converged?

I will donate to this IF a thread is posted in the 6700 forums asking for donations and IF mrailing has indicated that he is up for the challenge.

R