+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6700 Wiki

6700 Wiki

I posted about this in another thread, but here it is again.

First: I don't want to step on the toes of the moderators of this site. It's awesome. You have made my experience with my 6700 infinitely better. Thank you.

Second: There's a ton of great information here, but it's getting to be really difficult to sift through.

So: Unless someone can tell me a good reason not to, or unless one already exists, I'm going to start a wiki for the 6700. I'm not going to moderate it. It will be open for anyone to edit. I've already set it up using a free wiki hosting service; I'll post the link and password here sometime in the next day or so unless someone tells me it's a bad idea.

To start with, the main page will have links to individual pages for each major issue that I've seen brought up on this forum. Everyone can add similar links as needed. And everyone can go to those pages and enter the best solutions that they've found. When someone finds a better solution, they can either replace the old one or (preferably) add it to that page with an explanation of why it might be a better alternative.

I really hope I'm not stepping on any toes here! Please let me know if there's anything here I haven't thought through. Thanks. And thanks again to the moderators of this forum.

Your probably going to be stepped on here as the moderators don't like promoting other sites on their board--just difuses the information. However, I'll bite; what the heck is a Wiki--I googled it and I still have no clue as to how it is any different or more useful than this board???

On a thread, each comment is added to a list of comments. A wiki is essentially a web page that anyone can edit. The first person posts a piece of information. The next person can delete, change, or add to that piece of information. So you end up with a linked-up series of pages organized by category, each with only the latest information. Check out wikipedia.org to see the potential.

Re: 6700 Wiki

Originally posted by Lorrimer
    I posted about this in another thread, but here it is again.

First: I don't want to step on the toes of the moderators of this site. It's awesome. You have made my experience with my 6700 infinitely better. Thank you.

Second: There's a ton of great information here, but it's getting to be really difficult to sift through.

So: Unless someone can tell me a good reason not to, or unless one already exists, I'm going to start a wiki for the 6700. I'm not going to moderate it. It will be open for anyone to edit. I've already set it up using a free wiki hosting service; I'll post the link and password here sometime in the next day or so unless someone tells me it's a bad idea.

To start with, the main page will have links to individual pages for each major issue that I've seen brought up on this forum. Everyone can add similar links as needed. And everyone can go to those pages and enter the best solutions that they've found. When someone finds a better solution, they can either replace the old one or (preferably) add it to that page with an explanation of why it might be a better alternative.

I really hope I'm not stepping on any toes here! Please let me know if there's anything here I haven't thought through. Thanks. And thanks again to the moderators of this forum.
    you need to PM Convergent about this.