Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

Exclamation Forum Upgrade - Report Problems Here

We are about to undertake a forum migration of the whole site. Please report initial problems with the forum after the migration in this thread so they are contained in one place. Also, please watch this thread for updates as we proceed.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

We will be taking the site down later today/tonight to do a major site upgrade. The forum will be updated to the current version of vBulletin which is quite a bit different from what we have been using. The whole site will have a new skin that looks totally different than what you are used to. Be aware that ONLY the forum will exist initially after the migration. It will take us some time to get the non-forum parts of the site ready and updated. All content on the non-forum pages does exist in the forums, so use search and you should be able to find anything. Also note that the PDA template will not be available immediately after the migration either. I am sure we will have some glitches, so please bookmark this thread to keep an eye on, and report problems there.

REPORT PROBLEMS IN THIS THREAD

The migration will take about 10-12 hours, so please be patient as we make a major step forward in the evolution of the site. If last minute steps go well, we will be taking the site down shortly, so make sure you have anything you need.
    Mike - Been Converged?

The forum upgrade is complete. I know there are a couple things that aren't working right and we'll be trying to address those things through the week. If you have any comments, feedback, problems, anything to do with the upgrade, please post them in this thread. We would like to get some feedback, good or bad.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Whoa, quite a difference. Definitely a step in the right direction though. I like the new look.

You're probably aware of this already, but I tried two very obvious searches in the 6700 forum and no results were found.

Dan

I wasn't aware of the search problem. Can you post what the searches were. There are a lot of search options here now.
    Mike - Been Converged?

DroidX>Omnia>i760/30>00>ipaq+nokia JimCapraro's Avatar
    Wow, Mike -- the new design/software is really, really nice!! Thanks for all of your really hard work, on our behalf!!

One question -- will there be a mobile version? The old "mobile beta" version (styleID=5) no longer works.
    The only constant is change.

Also, is it possible to have a "button" that says TOP, so when we click on it it will take me to the top of the thread........
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

There will be a PDA template, just not right away. It will probably take 3-4 weeks to get that in place. If everything settles down right away, I may be able to do something in the interim. I know how much everyone used that guy, and this new design is probably more cumbersome on a PDA than the old.

As for search, it appears to not be returning anything. I may need to rebuild the index.
    Mike - Been Converged?

By the way, this skin is not looking at all what it looked like on the test site, so in the morning when the designer wakes back up, it may change some. He is on the opposite side of the planet so is sleeping now.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Happily Converged
    All I can say is I'm thrilled to see the new site.

Congratulations!

Happily Converged

Thumbs up Yess!

All I can say is I'm thrilled to see the new site.

Congratulations!

How does one get to the latest unread message in a particular thread from the threads listing page? The old site had a little button to click on to get to the latest unread. This button saved a page load. Now I have to load the first page of a thread and then click on the View First Unread link.

Happily Converged
    Quote Originally Posted by burble
    How does one get to the latest unread message in a particular thread from the threads listing page? The old site had a little button to click on to get to the latest unread. This button saved a page load. Now I have to load the first page of a thread and then click on the View First Unread link.
    Burble... it appears there is a little down arrow to the left of the thread name that goes to first unread (but I'm guessing it only looks at new since the upgrade, and a right arrow name next to the name of the last poster that goes to the last post.

Convergent... is there going to be a spell checker when your guy wakes up? (Looks like the search is working fine now)

All... sorry for the double post above. Not sure how I did that.

[QUOTE=FaxMan]Burble... it appears there is a little down arrow to the left of the thread name that goes to first unread (but I'm guessing it only looks at new since the upgrade, and a right arrow name next to the name of the last poster that goes to the last post./QUOTE]

Either I'm just too fast or my favorite button just reappeared! Good to know the first unread button is still safe in the threads list!

I am still new to this myself, but I believe if you are using IE, that you can do a spell check from quick reply... don't know if its possible with Firefox, as the option doesn't appear when in that browser.
    Mike - Been Converged?

By the way, I think that I have search working again. Let me know if it is doing it for you. I am using a different search option that wasn't available before, which in theory will help the database loading. Not sure if it is better or worse at getting good results. Tell me what you think.
    Mike - Been Converged?

I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar
    I know this might be a more of later on kinda thing but could we get a dark theme too? I hate bright white sites.

If you need any help with any part of the site, I know PHP pretty well and Im willing to help.
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen

The douleclick adds are causing me to have to hit the back button up to 4 times to get me back one page. This has always been a problem on this site but seems worse now. Also, the text is small compared to other sites using the same size settings. Other than that, I like it!!
    Gary

Kudos

This is great. Thank you so much for upgrading.

Ken B

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Alwasy nice to see progress.

Great job!

Now you are the best forum on the web!

Thanks,

Mark

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar

Spell checking!

We now have spell checking.

You can now check your spelling in the upper right corner of you post there is an Icon.
    You will need to d/l and install the ieSpell SW.

This is great!

Mark

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast