Closed Thread

New look and Confusion

I guess I will be very much in the minority here but I have to say that so far, from what I've seen and experienced in this new "look", I am not in favor of it. Maybe its just me but it appears that many things have changed not just in the look but in the way this site operates. When I click on "New Posts" I get only the posts for which I am subscribed whereas previously I was presented with all new posts from every sub-forum. Which I click on "Todays Posts" I get the same thing. I always took a look at all new posts in all forums and would occasionally read some of them if the topic sounded interesting.

I checked the options to see if there was something I could change to modify the behavior of the site now but found nothing there. If this cannot be changed then I would have to be honest and tell you that I am completely disappointed.

Well, finally found the thread discussing the wrong links on the toolbar and miraculously immediately after I posted the above the links were fixed and I found the "New Posts". This will take some getting used to but as long as viewing, reading and responding to forum threads can still take place similar to the older version of vBulletin then it will be fine.

Now I know what one of our customers was talking about after we made a change to one of our websites a few months ago we received a call from a very unhappy customer who complained about the change. I ended up taking the call because this was a long time, very loyal customer and when I explained that nothing on the website had changed but the look, the response was that they realized that but they didn't like change even if it was only the look and all the material was the same and even in the same places that the "wrapper" change was disconcerting.

I guess I'll get used to the change but right now I'm finding the "wrapper" a little disconcerting.

R

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Yep, there are some things that are broken. In general, you should b eable to do anything you could before, and much more. There are a lot of new things we'll be introducing in coming months that needed this upgrade in place before hand. By the way, did you know if you are using IE, that you can now spellcheck your posts... check it out.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Is there a PDA friendly website still available?

-------------------------------
    i730/Treo700w

Not yet, but it will be back available pretty soon. It is at the top of the list of ToDos. Shouldn't be very long. We actually have one already, but it has some issues we need to clear up once we are satisfied that the fullscreen version is working OK.

Quote Originally Posted by yoadrian
    Is there a PDA friendly website still available?
    Mike - Been Converged?

Please continue this dialog in the Migration Thread here -> Forum Upgrade - Report Problems Here
    Mike - Been Converged?