+ Reply to Thread

Moderator - can we please get a 700p forum, please??

It's pretty much official. I called Sprint up today to see when I was eligible for the two year credit and I told the rep that I was asking in anticipation of the 700p...he pulled up some records and stated that June the latest for the phone.

I think we should wait till closer to the actual launch. I have yet to see Sprint launch a phone when they said they would (usualy takes upwards of 3 months after the anticipated launch date). Maybe this will be the exception that makes the rule, you never know. I have heard that Sprint is launching one of the Treo 700's but i forgot what one. I'll post when i hear anything.

Yeah, you're right, 11.20.2003 was very close to the release of the sph-i550 (I am being sarcastic, check the i550 thread)...shame, one of the better forums on Palm discussions w/o a 700p forum...

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    I don't have a problem creating it... but I really don't like having a bunch of inactive forums. Thats kind of the purpose of the PDAPhone forum... when I see threads going there ... usually a half dozen or so on a particular device... then I will generally create a forum and move them there. I have just added forums in a few cases and then nothing happened. Do you know other folks that have expressed interest in this here? If you do, encourage them to weigh in.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Just had an idea... what about a whole forum just for rumor and speculation about un-released products... maybe that would keep people from going bonkers in other forums while this is going on? Any thoughts on that?
    Mike - Been Converged?

We know that there is a 650 successor coming out (it's being tested right now and is showing up everywhere...leaks are bound to happen given the appropriate forum) and a place to post any information about it would suit an interest here (I've seen random posts in other threads about the 700p), as with the SPH-i550. You don't have to label it 700p (unless you want to), but rather something like "Next Palm Treo" or "Treo 650 successor" thread. Also the new forum you suggest would be great for products that are more remote. My .02 cents.

I found two threads asking about it, and no one posted a reply to either. There are other threads where its been mentioned, but those threads are on other subjects.

Here's what I did... Treo 700P / 650 Follow-on Discussion

Once we see some activity there, we'll create another forum and move this there, and possibly break it up into other topics if needed. I just don't want to start up a forum and have it sit empty... doesn't draw people in to it at all without some critical mass to get it kick started.
    Mike - Been Converged?

I like your "unreleased phones" idea. It will give everyone a place to post things. Only problem i see is if it got out of hand like the 6600 EVDO stuff. I do know that many of the providers do use spiders to search the web and fourms to see what people are saying about their companies and products so i could see it as being positive.

OK, so how about now?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Link to -> Official 700p site
    Michael