+ Reply to Thread

PdaPhonehome give us the power!!!

We know this site and a few others have become significant voices for PocketPC phones and smartphones. While smartphones and PocketPC's may represent a small group for each cell carrier, this site probably represents a large percentage of this unique customer base. In particular Verizon, Sprint, HTC and even Microsoft. Why can't Pdaphonehome by themselves or in collaboration with another site have a chat day with HTC for example.

Make a formal request to have an HTC representative come on for an hour or two to answer questions. They can be submitted in advance or maybe an IM session can be setup for this event. They lurk and listen but why not let them really hear what we want and lets hear them speak to the issues. Pdaphonehome has grown up and I think it is time for us to take it to the next level.

Let's hear them explain the thinking behind memory size or why the mini card instead of an SD card. Or why put a lock on the phone but not allow it to engage when the phone turns off to name only of couple of minor issues. I have to believe the Rom upgrade had a lot to do with listening to us. Why can't we formalize the one way conversation and get a dialog going?

I know we can help them build a better product and one we will glady purchase. Am I crazy or is this an idea waiting to happen?

Thumbs up

Great idea but... who do you talk to? people from engineering? people from product development? people from marketing? their customers(not us...)?

You would need to get all of the above on board in order to do anything.
    Then we have laguage barriers. Who's going to pay for furthur development?

No company wants to make the perfect device.

Don't get me wrong I'm interested in giving it a try, at the least we may be able to help them improve their devices.

That's a great Idea... other company's do that for other special focus websites. Why not ours! And every company has some industry expert that they farm out for such events... I remember when Gates and Jobs used to come talk at small seminars made up of a crossection of professionals or resellers or whatever was the focus of that marketing group. Why limit ourselves to product companies, there are also industry leaders and visionaries that would be interesting to talk with... how about Mossberg or Laporte or our own Convergent (I was going to say Equus but it would just give him a big head ;D)
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Thumbs up Kilt dead!

Burried somewhere that no one will ever see it.

Guess someone didn't like the idea.

If it was moved then someone from PdaPhonehome read this thread. At least the idea has been viewed. I would even hope one of the companies read this and might step forward.

Every so often an article in the WSJ talks about the Treo killers and how they missed. The PPC6700 is one of those misses. If HTC or Microsoft really wanted to know the answer then they should be approaching us. We all lose if all these companies care about is keeping the latest secret rather than exploring the issues of the day.

I can see why they moved this thread but it would have been to their credit to leave it in the 6700 thread so that more voices could speak up.