+ Reply to Thread

New, Hot, New/Hot Icons too similar in appearance

Overall, I like the new appearance of the forums.

One thing I have struggled with is that the various icons next to the threads are too similar in appearance, and not intuitive.

Having just a slim white box behind the blue box, or just adding little "spraying sweat" marks does not differentiate the different statuses enough - to my eyes, anyway.

Also, the implication, to me, of a white box is that there is nothing new, while something bold tells me it is something to look at.

Any chance these icons might be re-visited in the future? More differentiation in shapes and/or colors would really help.

Thanks!

D.

It seems there is not much response to items in these forums, except for a few helpful "you can search this way" folks. It would great if there were a little feedback from the site admins - even if it is "your idea stinks and your mother is crazy, too." At least you'd know you've been heard.

Not to seem to negative... this is a great place and I really appreciate the effort, dedication, and obvious long hours all the mods and admins put in. I hope the ads pay the bills!

D.