+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Beware of biased product reviews on this site

I found that when leaving negative reviews and or negative comments based on my purchasing experiences with the company seidio on this site my posts were deleted.

I placed a few posts about siedio products and their horrible customer service along with their defective merchandise and my posts got deleted.

So if you are looking for unbiased opinions on products I wouldnt search here.

Its so sad I honestly thought that this site was to help us the consumers.

Im sure this one will get deleted as well.

What were your "horrible" customer service experiences with Seidio?

I've only made one order from them, so I'm no fanboy, but I've read countless posts from them in several product threads (stylus, battery, case) in which they have been quick to address any dissatisfactions, whether it was a mistake on their part or a flaw with a product.

Could I BE any more converged tonydiv's Avatar
    If you've had a bad experience with a company or product, you need to be able to let others know about it without "bashing", it's a really fine line. We'd all like the world to be a positive, happy place, but the bottom line is that there are some really crappy products and companies out there, and we should be able to alert our "friends" on the forum to the problems.

As for companies like Siedio, that have an active presence on the forums, that line may be even more fine.

First off, I'm sure that the reason your your posts are being deleted are because of double postings and double thread creations- not because you had a bad experience with a product. The mods set certain standards for this forum and are very consistent to those standards- read the sticky.

Next off, reviews are biased in nature. Everyone has their own experience with the product, and with it different expectations and definitions of quality in both the product and the service rendered. Additionally, as Seidio seems to prowl this forum to announce new products and troubleshoot existing ones, you are bound to get a couple shameless promotions of the product on this forum. I feel that Seidio's presence here is a commendable business maneuver, as those of us here on this forum are their most likely customers and the ones that are bound to get them more business through our recommendations. I have read many of poor reviews on Seidio products on this forum, and I have also read many rave reviews.

I do not mean to call you out on this- I just don't want you feeling like your opinions aren't valid and are being deleted due to content- I definitely took yours into account in another thread which swayed me not to purchase one of their products. If you continue to have problems with your reviews being deleted though, you ought to PM a moderator to get the reason why- I'm sure they'll tell you.

Wow, if this is true, thats pretty ****ty.

I've been harassed by a particular moderator a bit, and also I've had my topic titles changed... which I don't appreciate but I'm sure that will be written off as 'helping other members who might be interested'.
    http://www.liquidinsanity.com
    --Resources, Information & Custom Software for the 6700--

Yes I did make a few double posting mistakes and I apologized for them already. I made a mistake and I am pretty new to forums. So sorry again to everyone.

I understand about bashing and I wasnt bashing the company at all when I first wrote my post about my car kit.

http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...974#post523974

I also understand that seidio has made posts to this forum and that other people love their products and that is why I went ahead and spent over $300 on their products. On the other hand I have also done some research and found on other forums that seidio has a reputation of defective/damaged products as well and horrible customer service. so with that in mind i still went ahead and gave them a chance.

I purchased a holster about 2 weeks ago which got to me defective and had to send it back at my expense. Purchased a stylus (didnt stay in phone had to bend it), purchased the car kit (partially works), Purchased extended battery (dont know the status yet on it since havent gone long enough to compare with slim battery), purchased a screen protector (which i love). so, out of 5 products ordered and received and over $300 later the only product i can give praise to is the screen protector at this time.

So, I am not pissed off at seidio or anyone else for that matter and who knows maybe my case is a very isolated case but its not cool to delete someone's posts because they are negative. I can always go somewhere else and post my issues such as with the BBB.

Administrator
    do you have proof that your posts were deleted due to you posting negative comments? if anything they may have been deleted due to overly bashing or disrespectful wording. there are a few people who have had negative experiences with seidio on this forum (as well as other vendors) and have posted such. we are NOT affiliated with seidio in any way and their success or failure on this forum will not harm this site, so there is no reason for your posts do get deleted...UNLESS you were bashing...which someone stated is a fine line. we try and keep this site moderated to keep such posts out but we will over look some. so do not take anything personal. if you feel you have any issues with a particuilar mod or any housekeeping questions, do not post them on the site... email or PM a mod directly. the forums are no place to talk abuot such issues... yo ucan also post them here directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Marctronixx
    do you have proof that your posts were deleted due to you posting negative comments? if anything they may have been deleted due to overly bashing or disrespectful wording. there are a few people who have had negative experiences with seidio on this forum (as well as other vendors) and have posted such. we are NOT affiliated with seidio in any way and their success or failure on this forum will not harm this site, so there is no reason for your posts do get deleted...UNLESS you were bashing...which someone stated is a fine line. we try and keep this site moderated to keep such posts out but we will over look some. so do not take anything personal. if you feel you have any issues with a particuilar mod or any housekeeping questions, do not post them on the site... email or PM a mod directly. the forums are no place to talk abuot such issues... yo ucan also post them here directly.
    unfortuanately i didnt save or make a screen shot of the post so to answer your question no i dont have proof. The message just disappeared so I dont know who deleted it but its gone.

I dont think I was over bashing or being disrespectful or using disrespectful wording in any way. I am not a child I am a grown adult and I feel that my comments and posts were merely stating my personal experiences that I had encountered in the last 2 weeks with the company. A personal experience is just that a personal experience and it may or may not happen to someone else. A lot of things that I said or wrote were taking highly out of context and other members have challenged them which is fine with me. There were a lot of ruffled feathers when I posted my problems with seidio which would give anyone the impression that this site is affiliated with them in some way. I did miss another thread and created a new one and that seemed to upset a few people but like i had said I am new to this and all forums for that matter and I apologized for the oversight on numerous occasions.

I am sorry but i do take when I spend my hard earned money on something personally as would anyone else. I work just like everyone else and I expect to receive what I pay for in optimal condition and in working order and there is nothing wrong with that.

so, with that in mind I hope that you and everyone else understands where I and everyone else is coming from when we are upset about something not working correctly or not at all.

I have also updated my experience with my car kit though it wasnt a fix there was a work around. but like i said before we pay so much money for these phones, accessories, etc and we have to deal with work arounds and the such. Its totally unacceptable.

i've never seen a post deleted that didn't break forum rules. the moderators are very fair and to say that they don't allow negative opinions is absurd. try getting familiar with these forums and reading a bunch of threads before assuming things based on one incident that you don't even know the details of...

as i said before, you are jumping to conclusions very quickly and then posting ridiculous comments. as far as i'm concerned you've disrupted the forums adequately already...and like i've said, if you read the rules and follow them i doubt you'll ever have a post deleted. i had 1 post of mine deleted out of what, 800+...and Marty actually sent me a message explaining why.

with seidio and now this forum, you've jumped to conclusions without properly researching...i'm not surprised your posts were deleted and i even mentioned in another post that i wouldn't mind if the moderators deleted both our posts since it turned into something that sould have been discussed in a PM.

these forums are amazing and are the only forums i've ever posted extensively on...because of how much they help everyone and the vast amount of information that is available. unfortunately there are constantly people coming along and skimming the top and then posting with disregard to the forum rules...so i apolagize for seeming like i was attacking you personally, i was merely pointing out the problems with your complaints.

-jeff
    AT&T Tilt aka HTC Kaiser aka TyTn II
    PPC 6700 is now my TV remote control and favorite paperweight lol

Quote Originally Posted by w0rdie
    Wow, if this is true, thats pretty ****ty.

I've been harassed by a particular moderator a bit, and also I've had my topic titles changed... which I don't appreciate but I'm sure that will be written off as 'helping other members who might be interested'.
    I'm sorry but I am not going to let this painfully baised and false information slide by and let you drag this site's name through the mud. I had considered this matter closed but if you want to publicly post comments like this, make sure you give an accurate account of what actually happened. Couple of things:

1. Please do not curse on this site

2. You were being "harrassed" because you were offering registration information/codes for a particular piece of software for free. I believe your words were written exactly as follows (italics and all) :

"If anyone needs... help registering it, PM me."

when another member posted and asked what you meant by "help", you responded:

"Ha, don't worry about it."

when I PMed you about it and told you that softwarwe piracy was not allowed on this site, you replied:

"Piracy? I am doing no such thing. I merely offered to assist anyone who had difficulty in the registration process as I have completed it and know the quirks"

when I pointed out your italicizing of the word "help", you replied:

"I didn't mean to leave the emphasis on that word, initially my entire post was italicized."

I didn't buy your story and now after people have all the background of your harrassment claim, I'm not sure anyone else will either.
    Last edited by Marty; 05-04-2006 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by isevilla
    I found that when leaving negative reviews and or negative comments based on my purchasing experiences with the company seidio on this site my posts were deleted.

I placed a few posts about siedio products and their horrible customer service along with their defective merchandise and my posts got deleted.

Not a single one of your posts have been deleted. If you use the advanced search funtion to search for your username, you will see them all. This board leaves a copy of every deleted message that only moderators can see and looking through all your posts, I do not see any that have been deleted. You are certainly free to PM Convergent (site owner) if you would like for him to check as well. In the future, you need to PM a mod or admin before making accusations like these.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreii
    try getting familiar with these forums and reading a bunch of threads before assuming things based on one incident that you don't even know the details of...

>>>>What exactly are you talking about here?

as i said before, you are jumping to conclusions very quickly and then posting ridiculous comments.

>>>>What ridiculous comments have I posted?

as far as i'm concerned you've disrupted the forums adequately already...

>>>>Im really sorry that you feel that way.

and like i've said, if you read the rules and follow them i doubt you'll ever have a post deleted. i had 1 post of mine deleted out of what, 800+...and Marty actually sent me a message explaining why.

>>>>I dont know what exactly happened to the message but it seems to be back now.

with seidio and now this forum, you've jumped to conclusions without properly researching...

>>>>I dont think anything I posted was in regard to jumping to any conclusions. Without getting into another debate with you the stylus issue was an issue that was both a phone and stylus issue. So in reality I didnt jump to any conclusions other than that when I ordered mine seidios web site said it would stay and not fall out. Thats what i went by when i placed my order. Clearly that was not the case. It didnt matter if its the phone's fault or seidio's fault. Their web site stated "It will remain secure and will not fall out easily after frequent use". "you just need a stylus that will stay in place". No where did it say as long your phones hole is standard size or bigger than usual etc. So that is misrepresentation/false advertisement because mine fell out.

i'm not surprised your posts were deleted and i even mentioned in another post that i wouldn't mind if the moderators deleted both our posts since it turned into something that sould have been discussed in a PM.

>>>>It doesnt matter if they delete them or not. The real point is that you busted my chops over the fact that I didnt read a post that said the phone holes are different sizes for some people. It doesnt matter what size holes these phones have. If you are selling something and claiming in 3 different sentences that your product will not fall out etc etc then make sure that it wont and you wont hear any complaints. otherwise post a disclaimer about the differences in hole size and you are done. then people probably wont buy them in the first place. had i saw something like that posted on seidios web site i wouldnt have ordered the stylus in the first place.

Why do you find it a must to bust my chops on this issue? You are not understanding the business side of the problem.

these forums are amazing and are the only forums i've ever posted extensively on...because of how much they help everyone and the vast amount of information that is available.

>>>>these forums are amazing and unfortunately you have a lot of people posting opinions and facts and the such and you are bound to have a difference of opinion and also have a different experience with a vendor. Not all sales/experiences are the same.

unfortunately there are constantly people coming along and skimming the top and then posting with disregard to the forum rules...so i apolagize for seeming like i was attacking you personally,

i was merely pointing out the problems with your complaints.

>>>I guess to each his own on this one...One day it may happen to you and you will see first hand. Until then I dont think you will understand where I am coming from.

-jeff

As you can see i broke down your comments and answered them accordingly. Well jeff its been a pleasure talking to you.

Is.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty
    Not a single one of your posts have been deleted. If you use the advanced search funtion to search for your username, you will see them all. This board leaves a copy of every deleted message that only moderators can see and looking through all your posts, I do not see any that have been deleted. You are certainly free to PM Convergent (site owner) if you would like for him to check as well. In the future, you need to PM a mod or admin before making accusations like these.
    The message had dissappeared for aproximatly an hour or so and then it reappearred. I wasnt making an accusation it wasnt there and if something is missing its usually because it was deleted and or moved.

Thank you for your tips and if I have any other problems with my posts in the future I will be sure to contact a moderator prior to saying that it has been deleted. I apologize for saying it was deleted and not that its not there anymore or something to that effect.

Have a great day!
    Is.

The message had dissappeared for aproximatly an hour or so and then it reappearred.
    This is almost surely a browser problem. Posts just don't magically disappear and reappear.

I wasnt making an accusation it wasnt there and if something is missing its usually because it was deleted and or moved.
    My apologies for not being clear on what I meant by "accusations". I am referring to the following text of yours :

To me, it appears that you are casting this site in a negative light. You make it sound as if this site is unfair and/or improperly censoring you and judging from the responses you got, others got that same impression as well. While you did not come out and directly say these things, it is easy to see how these claims ("accusations") can be inferred from your comments. This is what I was referring to when I said you needed to PM a mod or admin before making these kind of (indirect) accusations.

We work very hard to maintain a friendly and fair atmosphere on this site so we take it very seriously when someone makes a claim/accusation (either directly or indirectly) that we know to be false. Thank you for agreeing to discuss any future issues you may have over PM first.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty
    To me, it appears that you are casting this site in a negative light. You make it sound as if this site is unfair and/or improperly censoring you and judging from the responses you got, others got that same impression as well. While you did not come out and directly say these things, it is easy to see how these claims ("accusations") can be inferred from your comments. This is what I was referring to when I said you needed to PM a mod or admin before making these kind of (indirect) accusations.

We work very hard to maintain a friendly and fair atmosphere on this site so we take it very seriously when someone makes a claim/accusation (either directly or indirectly) that we know to be false. Thank you for agreeing to discuss any future issues you may have over PM first.
    Marty,

May I just attempt to clear the air once and for all?

When I posted my first post in regards to my experience with seidio I was immediately somewhat attacked by a couple of people in the thread. I did feel as if a few people were treating me unfairly because I failed to read a post related to the seidio stylus and because I posted a new thread about it. The person never let up about it. I repeadly apologized and it was just not enough for this person. He just continued to challenge me every time I said something. It was an honest mistake on my part and thats why I was so upset. I understand completely that seidio may have been the five star company when someone else ordered from them and that their customer service was just devine but that wasnt the case for me and this person kept making it a point to say how great the company's customer service was etc over and over again. Like I had said in some of my posts not everyone has or receives the same kind of service from a company. Every case is different.

I was also getting some heat for posting about the other problems I was having with my seidio purchases and thats where I came to get the impression that the board was being biased. I really did have a load of problems with my orders and I was extremely upset by that and I know if someone in that thread had been in my shoes and went through what I was and what I am still going through with the company then they would have totally understood and would have said or done the same. I wasnt looking for compasion nor was I looking for anyone to jump on a I hate seidio wagon either. I just wanted to inform consumers in general about the problems since I saw that the company was mentioned quite a bit on this site. that was it. I had posted a review about the car kit on a different thread with the positive and negative findings and not once did anyone get upset about it. They took the review with a grain of salt and made their own decisions or assumptions from there. So, I wont mention any names but I think they were the cause of this whole thing getting blown out of proportion.

And just to prove that I wasnt out to bash seidio i repeatly stated that I was giving them the benefit of the doubt to remedy my situations. When they did finally get back to me about my car kit I went back and posted the fix/work around immediatly. So, if I was out to bash them I wouldnt have done that at all.

So, I really am truely sorry about all the confusion and the drama but its expected when you have a lot people with different opinions and so forth. Thats what is usually expected of forums or message boards.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to clear the air and hopefully we can all be done with this.

Thank you for listening.

Is.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    In the past I thought I had posts deleted but it turns out to be a browser issue.

If you use the refresh button on the browser it may not refresh to the latest state.

If you close the browser and come back in it will work fine.
    If you use the Forum Jump button on the bottom of a thread it will work fine (refresh to the most current state).

It must be some type of caching issue?

Another thing that an confuse a browser is if the cache hasn't been cleared in a while.... so delete those temporary files... in this day of broadband it makes things run faster as well.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.