+ Reply to Thread

How do I subscribe?

Sorry for the dumb question, but I cannot figure out how to subscribe to a forum. I want notifications for all the messages on the Samsung i730 forum. My subscriptions page does not seem to have anything for adding forums--only deleting. The only threads I am subscribed to are those I've posted in. It seems terribly inneffient to post to everything thread so I can be subscribed--there must be a better way. I've searched and have failed to find the help files. Suggestions, anyone?

Administrator
    go to the main scrren of the forum you want to sub to.

top right you will see forum tools...

click that tab and you will see several options... one of which is to sub to the fourm.

you will get notifications sent to the email in your profile...

"Forum Tools" --> "Subscribe to this forum"

Thanks, got it. My mistake was looking for my controls on the top bars (grey and blue) and bottom. I did not realize that there was an additional layer of controls between the ad and the main body of the forum.

Administrator
    AD? you should not see any ads if you are a registered member. the huge sidebar screen right can be closed by hitting the ">>" looking icon.

There should not be ads?

Thanks for the tip about closing the side banner. That definitely reduces the distraction level.

I do have an ad bar above the main forum content, between the "top" controls and the "forum" controls. I've attached a screenshot so you can see.

It is a tasteful blue box with a label at the bottom that says "Ads by Google" and "Advertise on this site". In the box are three text ads. Each ad has a url and a short description. Its not gaudy, so it looks a bit like forum content.

I don't mind the ad, I've just learned to ignore it--and therefore missed the similarly colored forum controls.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do I subscribe?-screenshot.jpg  

Administrator
    hmm. well i dont have that at the top. i DO use firefox and i have plugins to limit certain scripts so maybe thats why i dont see that ad.

now if you are not logged in there will be Ads between posts and thats what i thought you meant. apologies for the confusion

Thanks for the help. Just going through my first subscirption summary email, and am loving it!

David