+ Reply to Thread

How does one Search for keywords less that 4 characters

OK! I give up... How does one search for keywords less that 4 characters...Or search for symbols. I seems I can'tearch for "SD" cards or look for references to an install that hangs at "73%"... I seem to remember that the old version of the site was able to search three caracter long strings....
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Administrator
    the old site was no where near the size of this one so we had to put safeguards in place to prevent the search engine from breaking down, hence the search string limitation. its an unfourtunate circumstance.

when i search for certain things, i use words that i know would be in the thread(s) im looking for. sometimes it may turn up a bazillion threads. sometimes i hit it on the head. this is one reason we try and keep like threads asking the same question into as few threads as possible because those really increase the search database...

I figured that the change was related to something along those lines... I just wish there was a way to search for the plethora acronyms out there since many are less that four characters: SD, WM5, OS5... And we all use to them to speed up composing our posts, especially when texting from the PDA's themselves-as many tend to do...
    I did figure out that a two character word can be included if another keyword is included in the search string.
    Thanks
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

i dont know how well google indexes this forum but if you type in
    site:pdaphonehome.com (your search string)
    you should be able to pull some info that you were looking for. there is no minimum length restrictions that way.

hope that helps