+ Reply to Thread

[PPC 6700] We need a comparison guide - now that we have many custom ROMS!

Hello Guys,

Thanks to dedicated 6700 developers and users, we are being blessed by a variety of cuztomized ROMs. Lots of discussions are going on to help create the best ROM so that we, the users of 6700, would get every bit of performance a 6700 should offer.

I am guessing there's plenty of users out there who are just confused about all these discussions and would like to know which customized ROMs they should flash according to what they need. I am putting the focus on non-chef users (anyone who is interested can cook their own roms).

So here 's a proposal:
    Why dont we create a wiki entry or thread that would list all the custom ROMs along with their specs/included apps/known issues etc...

We have these custom ROMs: (3.3 and 3.5 ROMs)
    -----------------------------
    Colonel
    Yuma (waitin)
    Saridnour
    Imcokeman
    Helmi's original
    Shawn
    Jamesus
    Alwaysbelieve1
    Sfaure

....apologies if I'm missing some others. So if we could create some kind of documentation along with what each of these ROMs include and the current known issues along with further development plans from the developers (like apps to be corrected or installed) that would, in my opinion, benefit most users here.

Any suggestions in that regard?

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    A comparison guide is an excellent idea. I have not done an upgrade yet. At first I held off because I didn't see any benift when compared to the problems, but there are several out there now, many have fixed several issues from the original. As well as adding function to them. It would be a great benifit to see a comparison chart to easily see the differences in each on.

I'm guessing that if this thread discussing 6700 ROMs was left in the 6700 forum, that a 6700 user in the know might see it and take it upon himself to do one, but hidden away in this forum it will very soon be lost along with a great idea.

I'm not trying to be arguementitive. I'm not trying to bash the moderators. I'm simply asking if this thread could be put back so that 6700 users can see it.

TOV
    The Entertainment Industry Chaplain TOV's Avatar
    I've been watching these developments since they began on this site, at xdadevelopers and ppcgeeks. I love learning about programing and using the tools I have to their fullest potential. I've copied and pasted the list foakgul has asked about. It is found originally at ppcgeeks and have included the link back to the original and daily updated forum area. This is the post at pdaphonehome: HTC Apache (UTStarcom 6700): List of CUSTOM ROM INSTALLERS - Compiled for you!
    TOV - The Entertainment Industry Chaplain

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Excellent. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by toviaheli
    I've been watching these developments since they began on this site, at xdadevelopers and ppcgeeks. I love learning about programing and using the tools I have to their fullest potential. I've copied and pasted the list foakgul has asked about. It is found originally at ppcgeeks and have included the link back to the original and daily updated forum area. This is the post at pdaphonehome: HTC Apache (UTStarcom 6700): List of CUSTOM ROM INSTALLERS - Compiled for you!
    I have also come across the list on the ppcgeeks konceptz put together. However, it just points to the threads that these ROMs are discussed. It'd be better if we can just look and see what each of these ROMs include as apps along with known issues instead of browsing thru many pages of discussions.

PS: so for the moderators, is this thread unrelated to ppc 6700??

Question

Quote Originally Posted by foakgul
    PS: so for the moderators, is this thread unrelated to ppc 6700??
    2nd! How does talking about the differences between custom ROMs for the 6700 get moved into the "Site Problems and Suggestions" topic??????

Quote Originally Posted by xmind2006
    2nd! How does talking about the differences between custom ROMs for the 6700 get moved into the "Site Problems and Suggestions" topic??????
    I do agree!!

so request from mods:
    ---------------------
    please consider this thread as a ppc6700 thread as a guide for comparison of different roms.