+ Reply to Thread
    I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!

whats with the same front page for 3 months

Any new content coming up in the next week or so?

Thanks,

James

Yeah what gives... I know there is news out there: new pdaphones, new software, the Iphone, yadda yadda yadda... are the contributors just busy these days.. just wonderin'
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Thumbs down

I was coming here to ask the same thing. I mean news from last april 06? I am looking for a new phone and thought this was a place to find it or at least find something. What is going on?

lets have a poll regarding the lack of content

the webmaster must be taking some time off, and is doing his advertisers a disservice, as well as us trusty users.

lets get a poll going to see if we can get his attention, i liked this site alot better 6 months ago, now i barely come here.

if were all constructive maybe we can get a few new articles.

hooo rahhh!

Ryan.

Thanks for removing the poll i created

I just wanted to find out how many people would actually like updates on the front page or just cared to use the forums.

Did not want to make you mad or anything, but come on, it was constructive criticism.

I could have been a jerk and just said things that would get us no where.

At least the poll got your attention.

And thats the first step.

Thanks.... kinda confused...

Administrator
    dont be confused my good person, there is a poll section where you can post....polls...

and speaking personally, i saw your thread once you posted it, but i have not had the time to reply. the mods who VOLUNTEER their time here do havea life. if you would like to contribute and keep the news up to date, instead of trying to rally up folks, why not send a message to the site owner, CONVERGENT, and let him know you would like to contribute.

what you stated in your posts does not offend or hurt anyone. we agree the news could be updated! posting that poll didnt make anyone more aware of your post.. this thread is stating the same thing your poll was asking, so there is no need to make two threads on the same topic. if you felt lilke your question is not getting answered in a timely fashion, then you can send a email DIRECT to the site owner to get a faster answer. we cant answer every question here as quick as the poster would like all the time, so a litlte patience is asked. we do not get paid for the time here; we are here because we enjoy the site and would like to give back.

we have thousands of members and non members come in here on a daily basis... most dont care about the section you are speaking about, and are only here to catch up on points of interest to them. different strokes for different folks...

so again to answer your question DIRECTLY, if you would like to contribute (or anyone else for that matter) to keeping the news current here, send Convergent a message. I will send him an email so he can join in on your discussion.
    this is my only post on the subject. if you want to speak to me directly, by all means send me a PM or email me off list, my email is in my profile. othewise, sit back and wait for a reply.

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Hi guys, thanks for bringing the subject up. I am the site's founder and I agree that the news needs to be updated more often. At one point I had a team of volunteers that updated the news and over time they lost interest and moved on to other things. I've tried to keep it updated myself at times in the past, but its honestly a full time job and my life situation has changed so that I can't do it. I could certainly update the news periodically, but it would be a token effort in relation to all the news that is going on out there. While that would look better (more recent dates on home page news), it wouldn't necessarily cause our home page to be a news destination. As Marc said, if anyone would like to help with news, we can certainly use it.

All of that said, I will say that the advertisers have been happy with the visibility they have gotten on the site, primarily through the forums. And, I will see if I can start carving out some time to get this going again. If anyone is interested in helping please send me a PM to discuss.
    Mike - Been Converged?

ty ty ty

This is exactyly what i wanted to hear, just wanted some feed back is all. I will try to get out an email to the admin to see about some future postings.

Thanks again,

Ryan.