+ Reply to Thread
    Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar

New Feature - Donate to Member

PDAPhoneHome has had a long standing policy against accepting donations to the site. We believe that sites which advertise should not also solicite donations from its members... one or the other. PDAPhoneHome is supported by advertising, which we strive to keep conservative and unobtrusive (no pop-ups, full pages, etc.). I have had many members contact me asking if there is a way they can show their appreciation for the help received here. We have introduced a new feature to beta testing that we believe will address this need - Donate to Member.

Any member can now add to their user profile a separate email address that can be used for Paypal donations. This is not restricted solely to Team Members (Administrators and Moderators), but rather it can be used by ANY member. All you need to do is go to your Profile and add the email address and whether you are Paypal Verified or not. After that, you will have a link next to your name when you reply to a post. If another member believes they have received a lot of help from you and wants to show their appreciation, they may directly make a donation to your Paypal account.

Terms of Use

The Donate to Member feature is to allow those members that wish to express appreciation to another member for help provided, to have a way to easily do so. It is not to be used by a member to solicite donations from other members for any reason. Donations should never be initiated by the receiving member. If we find that the feature is being abused, it will be removed from the site for everyone. Members may not post Paypal links (or any other financially serving links) on the site any other place (such as signatures, posts, etc.) other than via this feature, without permission from the site administrator.

The Donate to Member feature may be removed from the site at any point in the future without notice. PDAPhoneHome does not have any involvement in a transaction, other than supplying a link to a members Paypal email address. PDAPhoneHome is not responsible for the Paypal transactions and will not be able to provide any support to members needing assistance with Paypal. If you do not have a Paypal account, there is a link in your profile next to the Paypal email address field that will take you to Paypal to sign up for an account. PDAPhoneHome will not use the member submitted Paypal email addresses for any other purpose than Donate to Member. They will never be used for mass mailings by PDAPhoneHome or its associates.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Go sell crazy somewhere else ... austinbrady's Avatar
    How can a user set this up so it does not show the email address?
    I noticed some mods have it listing their LLCs. I do not have a Corp. and I would like to know if there is a way to have it hide the actual address. Thanks

<FORM action="<a href=" target=_blank ?? <a cgi-bin webscr? href="http://www.paypal.com"></FORM>
    Last edited by austinbrady; 05-21-2007 at 03:54 PM.
    Best Regards,
    Peace and Prosperity
    Austin A. Brady

if you can read this you've selected text!!! :)

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Austin,

I don't know of a way to not show your email address... if you don't want to do that, then you might just setup a separate Paypal address for this kind of thing. When I get time, I'll look into whether there is a way to put any restrictions on it.
    Mike - Been Converged?

Go sell crazy somewhere else ... austinbrady's Avatar
    Thanks for your help.
    Best Regards,
    Peace and Prosperity
    Austin A. Brady

if you can read this you've selected text!!! :)