+ Reply to Thread

Which Verizon phones will sync with Outlook?

Verizon doesn't have a lot of Smartphones, and I've owned the SMT5800 and the XV6700...do any of their 'non smartphones' sync to Outlook, or is that something you absolutely need Windows Mobile for?

Almost all smartphones or PDA phones will sync with Outlook. Your choices are any windows mobile phone (standard or professional), any palm OS phone (centro and treo), and Blackberry can do it BUT it requires a PC with outlook and blackberry desktop constantly on for push email and any calendar/contacts synchronization to occur. There are only a handful of other phones that will support exchange sync, and unfortunately I don't know what they are.

Ahh, I just need contacts and the calander...those are the most important...email isn't a big deal. I just don't want to have to type in 1000s of contacts or meetings...any other ideas?

you can get applications (and sometimes they come with the phone itself) that can synchronize contacts and calendar appointments for almost any phone, but I don't think you can get many to do it wirelessly.

If i understand it correctly you are looking for a simple phone to hold your contacts and calendar, but have them synchronize with outlook on a schedule in some way?

Well, yes...so far, my phone (SMT-5800) charges and syncs with Outlook contacts and appointments via USB to PC. I was just wondering if there was a 'normal' (non-smart) phone that can maybe USB sync to Outlook (doesn't have to be wireless)...so I don't have to enter appointments or contacts on the phone manually.