Poll: Holster, pouch, case, pocket, or purse???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Holster, pouch, case, pocket, or purse???

How do you plan to carry your 7135? I still haven't made up my mind... I will probably do a combination of all of the above (um, with the exception of "purse").

The holster seems to give the most convenient access to the 7135.

The pouch will provide added protection.

The case seems kind of clumsy, but back when I had the StarTAC it kept me from worry so much about dropping it.

And sometimes when I'm wearing shorts or jeans without a belt it's easiest to just put the 6035 in my pocket.

And then there is my purse.... I'm always losing things in there and don't want to have to dig around for it. And those lipstick stains are hard to get off

So, depending on the occasion, I might carry it differently.
    This poll is multiple choice.... so pick all that apply! :drink1<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Mod-Blog's SmartPhone Correspondent
    Easy one for me - Holster. Love the Holster on the 6035. It means it is always there and yet still has sufficient protection. Easy on, easy off. And a simple mechanism as well.

Gotta love it!

Most likely holster for me, though I'll need a case that has the post for a belt clip, so that I can still use the vent mount in my car.
    www.treobits.com
    (News, Internet Radio, Software/Hardware Store, Ringtones, Wallpaper, and more...)

Administrator
    neither. ill throw mine in my bag and pull it out when i need it...

Originally posted by marctronixx
    neither. ill throw mine in my bag and pull it out when i need it...
    oops... I forgot to include "I'll throw mine in my bag" as an option :boing

You probably should've checked off "purse" then. But if you'd rather call it a "bag" that's cool

I loved the holster I used to have for my StarTac and TimePort, so I am looking forward to using one again. I would also like a pouch(prob make one) that is a bit more secure for going out shooting, ect.
    Rob

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (when all else fails, play dead) motto of the Possum Lodge, Chapter 13.(The Red Green Show)

...a bit more secure for going out shooting, ect.
    When you say "shooting" do you mean hunting or photography? (I do a little amateur photography myself.) Either way, I'd love to hear a story about what happened when you were sneaking up on a deer and your Seinfeld ringtone went off.

:biglaughb

Originally posted by nomad7674
    When you say "shooting" do you mean hunting or photography? (I do a little amateur photography myself.) Either way, I'd love to hear a story about what happened when you were sneaking up on a deer and your Seinfeld ringtone went off.

:biglaughb
    Well my brother is a photographer, I on the other hand, do like to go dove hunting in the fall, but mainly target shooting. One of the places we head out to is an old Titan missle site outside of Tucson, its pretty cool. We go out and depending on who all goes, we have everything from .22's upto small hand cannons(.454 Causul) and man portable artillery(very large caliber rifles). We all so shoot a few clay pidgeons, esp now that I got that nice 12 ga over under, sweeeet. Nothing like going out and taking advanate of your 2nd amendment rights eh.:b_mirror
    Rob

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (when all else fails, play dead) motto of the Possum Lodge, Chapter 13.(The Red Green Show)

One of the places we head out to is an old Titan missle site outside of Tucson, its pretty cool. We go out and depending on who all goes, we have everything...
    I assume "everything" does not include Titan Missiles.

After all, while the Kyocera is probably well-built enough to survive the fireball, I imagine the electromagnetic pulse might cause some issues for the inner circuitry.

:b_hot

And of course the radiation might cause useability issues. The kyo is great when you have one ear on either side of your head. But if radioactive mutation causes one to grow on your elbow, I don't see the current form factor being quite right.

Are you chicks on the board not voting, or are you not necessarily going to put it in your purse?

For me the holster wins out. It makes the phone so much more convenient for incoming calls. Unfortunately it also makes the phone more suseptable to getting banged up, but the added convenience of a holster is a clear winner.

As some of you who have met me in person probably know, I carry a purse (although in my macho way, I refer to it as a "tote"), but the smartphone is never in my tote. It's always either in my hand or on my hip.
    Dave

Originally posted by dwdod
    For me the holster wins out. It makes the phone so much more convenient for incoming calls. Unfortunately it also makes the phone more suseptable to getting banged up, but the added convenience of a holster is a clear winner.
    Yep, with the holster you can whip out the 7135 faster than a gunslinger in the old west The leather case comes close to being just as convenient, and also adds protection, both from banging into things, and dropping the phone.... but I need to see if having that case on all the time makes it harder to use the 7135... it might actually be nice to have that padding... it'll be like the 7135 is sitting on a pillow in your palm I have a feeling I'll buy both the case and the pouch.

And, Dave... I do think you have a very nice purse... um, I mean "tote"!

Oh When that Shark Bites! LBOCEAN's Avatar
    Originally posted by nomad7674
    I assume "everything" does not include Titan Missiles.

Just looken at that thing makes my skin tighten up! :icon15

Originally posted by Robert K.
    Are you chicks on the board not voting, or are you not necessarily going to put it in your purse?
    Okay, I voted...I've been reading this board for a while, but this is my first post.

Had to put in a good word for us chicks:angel2

Administrator
    we need the ladies to post pics... :devillook

Originally posted by marctronixx
    we need the ladies to post pics... :devillook
    lol Marc... are you trying to scare them off?

Go Redskins!!! :clap :clap :clap :drink1

Nope, not in the purse... usually use a holster, or clip it on the diaper bag.... (i suppose that qualifies as a purse )
    --Jazz--

Well, it certainly appears that the holster is the clear winner (so isn't it nice that it comes included? ). But it's interesting to see that the votes were pretty well spread out amongst all the alternatives.

:smash Oh absolutely in my purse!! It has taken care of my 6035 so far, and the 7135 will take up less space.

:b_pink WOO HOO!! More room for lipstick!!

Originally posted by eener
    :smash Oh absolutely in my purse!! It has taken care of my 6035 so far, and the 7135 will take up less space.

:b_pink WOO HOO!! More room for lipstick!!
    Welcome to the boards eener! :clap